Social Media Coordinator
CBS Business Unit: CBS Sports Network
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports, airs more than 400 live games annually, showcasing an array of college and professional sports, as well as in-depth studio shows, documentaries and original programs. CBS Sports Network also provides extensive shoulder programming around CBS Sports’ Championship events, including the Super Bowl, The Masters and PGA Championship.
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers including Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 (1643 in HD) and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
The Social Media Producer will be the lead for coverage of CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour home of CBS Sports on cable. In addition to covering live sporting events and studio shows on the network, this role will be responsible for effectively distributing segments, collaborating with departments across CBS Sports to promote the network and creating original social content featuring Sports Net talent.
• Cover CBS Sports Network programming live
• Regularly communicate/collaborate with departments to ensure CBS Sports Network is promoted effectively across CBS Sports social channels
• Build content plans/calendar for coverage of CBS Sports Network
• Edit and upload CBS Sports Network segments to YouTube around major events
• Keep up to date on breaking sports news and trends
• Create Photoshop images from scratch via Adobe Photoshop
• Extreme passion for all sports
• Strong familiarity with managing Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter accounts
• Willingness to adapt working schedule to cover prime time sports viewing hours on nights and weekends
• Ability to work under extremely fast turnaround times
• Grasp of Adobe Photoshop and hunger to improve your craft
• Experience creating Instagram Stories
• Exceptional writing ability and strong understanding of English grammar
• Bachelor’s Degree
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled