Manager, Rights & ClearancesApply
CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports, airs more than 400 live games annually, showcasing an array of college and professional sports, as well as in-depth studio shows, documentaries and original programs. CBS Sports Network also provides extensive shoulder programming around CBS Sports’ Championship events, including the Super Bowl, The Masters and PGA Championship.
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers including Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 (1643 in HD) and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
• Negotiation and securing the clearances of all rights with respect to footage, music and other content used for CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network, and associated drafting of any licenses.
• Working with both internal and external individuals to ensure all rights are secure prior to any exploitation of content.
• Communicating with third party vendors to manage libraries including photographs, footage and music, and corresponding reporting.
• Screening content to ensure compliance with any rights restrictions and internal CBS policies. Advising the social media/digital teams with rights questions as they arise.
• Tracking and administering photo and video usage and maintaining and submitting reports to various organizations regarding such use.
• Other duties as determined by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2+years of rights and clearances experience in-house at a media company or other entertainment company
- Ability to work and field questions within tight deadlines
- Superior writing and oral communication skills
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills
- Superior work ethic, well organized and able to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Knowledge regarding television, intellectual property, music rights, digital media, and sports a plus.