Lead Systems Engineer, Broadcast Systems and WorkflowsApply
CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports, airs more than 400 live games annually, showcasing an array of college and professional sports, as well as in-depth studio shows, documentaries and original programs. CBS Sports Network also provides extensive shoulder programming around CBS Sports’ Championship events, including the Super Bowl, The Masters and PGA Championship.
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers including Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 (1643 in HD) and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer for Broadcast Production and Workflows to support CBS Sports Network. The position requires a solid technical IT background to maintain on-air operations of server-based digital video and audio control systems, graphics and non-linear editing systems, automation systems and their associated software and hardware infrastructure, as well as maintenance, installation and design of traditional broadcast equipment.
· Configure, service and support all aspects of on-air and post-production broadcast automation systems; specifically network configurations, remote encoders and control platforms.
· Provide technical (hardware, software, and networking) support for NY-based Post Production facility including Adobe Premier, Dalet, Microsoft, Linux, and Apple Operating systems, IP networking and video equipment including EVS.
· Coordinate and execute the implementation of new project initiatives and technologies as well as the routine day to day troubleshooting and maintenance functions on all broadcast network systems.
· Provide system integration in both production and post-production infrastructure including but not limited to: System build out and integration, cable fabrication, cable installation, equipment installation and documentation creation/revision.
· Support, troubleshoot, and maintain the integrity and security of the storage area networks and asset management systems.
· Document system and facility changes to increase visibility and collaboration between operations and engineering partners.
· Manage Transcode (Vantage, Rhozet and EVS) orchestrations and Administer Dalet Automation
· At least 4 years of On-Air and/or Post Production systems experience.
· Significant experience with production/post-production software (MAM infrastructure, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Chyron based Graphic Systems, etc.).
· Proficiency in Microsoft, Linux, and Apple Operating systems.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory authentication, Group Policy Objects, LDAP, and policy based security.
· Working knowledge of Network infrastructure and operations including Cisco switches (Nexus).
· Knowledge of Quantum Stornext SAN and Archive library systems.
· Comprehension of a Fibre Channel connected SAN environment, related hardware and networking protocols.
· Knowledge of VM and Database environments and configurations.
· Familiarity with IP addressing, file and directory permissions and networking concepts and terminologies.
· Excellent documentation, communication, & organization skills.
· Demonstrated ability in troubleshooting & analysis
· Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources.
· Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the operational customer; builds strong relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint.
· Effectively communicate the status of systems and actions within production environment, including risk assessment, both verbally and through documentation to internal and external stakeholders
· Change oriented – actively generates process improvements; supports and drives change.
· Ability to work well in a fast-paced live broadcast environment.
· Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.