Director, Workflows & DataApply
CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports, airs more than 400 live games annually, showcasing an array of college and professional sports, as well as in-depth studio shows, documentaries and original programs. CBS Sports Network also provides extensive shoulder programming around CBS Sports’ Championship events, including the Super Bowl, The Masters and PGA Championship.
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers including Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 (1643 in HD) and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
1. Work with CTO and Stake holders to define system architecture for all digital content management systems.
2. Develop and properly implement digital workflow procedures for the acquisition and distribution of digital media necessary for all Studio and Remote Productions
3. Strong expertise in digital file transcoding and accelerated distribution (Signiant, Aspera, etc.)
4. Work closely with Media Services and Production teams to communicate requirements, plan, and execute workflow procedures
5. Work with Engineering team on ways to integrate between various Production and Post Production systems including, but not limited to: EVS, Avid, Adobe Premiere, LTO Archives and MAM systems
6. Solid understanding of the functionality of Storage Area Networks (SAN) systems including Avid ISIS and Stornext systems
7. Create and communicate necessary back-up procedures for all digital media distribution requirements
8. Participate in special projects and perform other duties as assigned
BA/BS in related field (Communications, Computer Science, etc.) preferred or equivalent experience
Minimum (2) years of Digital Media workflow architecture and implementation experience
Experience, and Strong Understanding of EVS products used for remote and studio video production
Expert knowledge of NLE software including but not limited to Avid & Adobe Premiere
Proficient in the maintenance of near line and archival (LTO) media storage systems
Expertise with implementation of third party files acceleration systems (Signiant, Aspera, etc.)
Highly organized with strong interpersonal, client relations and communication skills
Able to travel, and work varied schedules including weekends and night shifts as required