CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports, airs more than 400 live games annually, showcasing an array of college and professional sports, as well as in-depth studio shows, documentaries and original programs. CBS Sports Network also provides extensive shoulder programming around CBS Sports’ Championship events, including the Super Bowl, The Masters and PGA Championship.
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers including Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 (1643 in HD) and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
Reporting to the VP of Communications, the Communications Coordinator will support the Sports Communications team, contributing to the success of the publicity strategies developed to brand CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network as an industry leader. The job will work on PR campaigns, daily press stories, among other responsibilities.
• Assist with social media and general publicity efforts for all CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network properties including the NFL, the NCAA Tournament, SEC and PGA Tour
• Compile and monitor press clips and coverage of CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network in the media
• Coordinate all radio interviews requests for CBS Sports and CBS Sports Network announcers and management
• Contribute to publicity efforts for CBS Sports Network studio shows including That Other Pregame Show, NFL Monday QB, We Need to Talk, Inside College Football and Inside College Basketball
• Organize elements for media events
• Minimum one-year experience in Corporate Communications or Public Relations, preferably in Sports or the Media industry
• Superior Sports knowledge
• Exceptional communication, writing and research skills
• Proficiency using Photoshop, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of various social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google, etc.
• Required to work during weekends as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree