CBS Sports Network Spring 2019 Editorials InternApply
CBS Sports Network, the 24-hour cable home of CBS Sports, airs more than 400 live games annually, showcasing an array of college and professional sports, as well as in-depth studio shows, documentaries and original programs. CBS Sports Network also provides extensive shoulder programming around CBS Sports’ Championship events, including the Super Bowl, The Masters and PGA Championship.
CBS Sports Network is available across the country through local cable, video and telco providers including Verizon FiOS Channel 94 and AT&T U-Verse Channel 643 (1643 in HD) and via satellite on DirecTV Channel 221 and Dish Network Channel 158. For more information, including a full programming schedule and how to get CBS Sports Network, go to www.cbssportsnetwork.com.
· Provide strong editorial support to the News Team that serves as the central hub for vetting and disseminating all news and related content for all productions across the CBS Sports division.
· Identify, evaluate and compile news and newsworthy content daily to inform all CBS Sports productions.
· Prepare a News Briefing at least once per day, and targeted breaking news alerts as warranted, to be distributed to all contributors and relevant production teams.
· Establish and maintain written outlines of major on-going stories to keep staff apprised of where a story stands, what is expected next, and how to properly phrase the reporting of that story.
· Discover and write story ideas for potential features, discussion segments, interviews, or other content that could enhance the storytelling and news coverage in all Sports programming.
• Solid knowledge and interest in sports, particularly college and professional sports is required.
• Internships are in New York, NY. Selected students must be willing to relocate or commute at their own expense.
• Internships are typically given to rising college juniors and seniors.
• Proper work authorization is needed to be employed within the United States.
• Exceptional attention to detail.
• Able to work in a fast- paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Able to provide administrative support as needed.
- Must possess strong editorial judgment, as well as superior writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent knowledge of and passion for sports – especially college sports, pro football and golf.
- Experienced at using social media for identifying potential news and trends, and researching storylines.
- Displays excellent communication skills, desire to learn and ability to work effectively in teams
- Pursuit of degree in journalism or comparable communications/media education and training is preferred.