iOS/tvOS Developer ‐ ProductApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
Showtime Networks seeks an exceptional iOS/tvOS Developer with experience in media-heavy apps primarily driven through backend API integrations. Ideal candidate will be innovative, self‐motivated, a quick study, and eager to develop new skills. In this position, you will have a key role in developing our SHOWTIME stand-alone streaming service and Showtime Anytime applications across iOS and tvOS platforms.
The SHOWTIME and Showtime Anytime applications are installed on millions of devices. Additionally, the SHOWTIME tvOS app was selected as one of Apple TV’s Best Apps of 2015 and our iOS app was selected for inclusion in the App Store’s Best of 2015. We’re building the future of television, pushing onto new platforms... And along the way, we get to play with some great tech.
- Be involved in all stages of iOS and tvOS development from architecture to coding to final testing
- Work as part of an Agile team to deliver high-quality applications
- Collaborate with the product and design team to plan, design and execute new features
- Objective‐C and Swift experience, preferably on some apps in the wild
- Independent, energetic, and capable
- Great communication and collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic
- Knowledge of client/server architectures, syncing and caching approaches
- Experience writing and debugging multi‐threaded code
- Experience with continuous delivery (automation of all processes throughout the software development lifecycle); e.g. automated builds, automated tests, and automated deployments
- Expert at Swift development
- Experience with cloud services
- Full stack‐developer that can work on both the front‐end and back‐end of an application
- Experience with streaming video, codecs, and DRM
- Android development