With critically-acclaimed and award-winning hits that include BILLIONS, THE AFFAIR, HOMELAND, RAY DONOVAN, MASTERS OF SEX, SHAMELESS, DEXTER®, HOUSE OF LIES, EPISODES and PENNY DREADFUL, Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) has firmly established itself as a producer and provider of quality original programming.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL™ and 60 MINUTES SPORTS™. SNI also owns and manages Smithsonian Channel™, through its joint venture with the Smithsonian Institution.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon and Google. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Prime Video. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®.
- Conceive and develop strong creative ideas that are inclusive of our multi-platform objectives. Must oversee projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial, graphics production, music composition and sound design. Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, editors, designers, talent, etc, making sure all elements conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
- Work with Production Management to develop and manage budgets; work with Operations to book sessions; fulfill multiple delivery schedules; and work closely with multiple departments (broadcast, sales, marketing, affiliate marketing) to execute all promotional spots (on-air, off-air, marketing, radio, digital, streaming)
- Work closely with outside vendors (graphics designers, animators, music composers, etc.) when necessary. Run audio and video editing sessions. Seek out external production sources as appropriate. Mentor PAs and/ or APs who may be assigned to your project and organize and maintain paperwork, rundowns, log sheets, music cue sheets, etc.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a writer producer in on-air promotion and marketing.
- Experience in Cable TV, theatrical marketing, streaming or broadcast services
- Must exhibit highly conceptual thinking and writing skills. Must be a good storyteller.
- Strong Knowledge of promo editorial process from beginning to end.
- Interpersonal, motivational, people management and time management skills a necessity.
- Ability to juggle several projects at one time often under tight deadlines.
- Understanding of Premiere/Final Cut editing and post-production. Full grasp of industry practices a must.
- Keen sense of graphic design composition, music and sound design.
- Ability to direct shoots if needed, and participate in casting, location, wardrobe selection and art direction.