Writer/Producer - Sports & Series PromotionApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Writer/Producer must possess the ability to primarily create award-winning sports promotional content, plus occasionally engaging on series, documentary, and theatrical promotion as well for Showtime’s existing and emerging distribution platforms. In addition to strong conceptual thinking, the candidate must have excellent script writing, producing, and editing skills as well as extensive knowledge of all aspects of post-production. The candidate must also have strong leadership and teaching skills in order to develop the skills of the junior members of the staff.
- Conceive and develop strong creative ideas that are inclusive of our multi-platform objectives. Must oversee projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, and managing editorial, graphics production, music composition and sound design. Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Directors, editors, designers, talent, etc, making sure all elements conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
- Work with Production Management to develop and manage budgets; work with Operations to book sessions; fulfill multiple delivery schedules; and work closely with multiple departments (broadcast, sales, marketing, affiliate marketing) to execute all promotional spots (on-air, off-air, marketing, radio, digital, streaming)
- Work closely with outside vendors (graphics designers, animators, music composers, etc.) when necessary. Run audio and video editing sessions. Seek out external production sources as appropriate. Mentor PAs and/ or APs who may be assigned to your project and organize and maintain paperwork, rundowns, log sheets, music cue sheets, etc.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in on-air promotion and marketing. Title commensurate with experience.
- Strong interest in sports programming - football, boxing and basketball in particular
- Experience in Cable TV, theatrical marketing, streaming or broadcast services
- Must exhibit highly conceptual thinking and writing skills. Must be a good storyteller.
- Strong Knowledge of promo editorial process from beginning to end.
- Interpersonal, motivational, people management and time management skills a necessity.
- Ability to juggle several projects at one time often under tight deadlines.
- Understanding of Premiere/Final Cut editing and post-production. Full grasp of industry practices a must.
- Keen sense of graphic design composition, music and sound design.
- Ability to direct shoots if needed, and participate in casting, location, wardrobe selection and art direction.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled