Writer/Producer/Editor (Smithsonian Channel - NYC)Apply
- Conceive and develop strong creative ideas that are inclusive of our networks objectives. Must oversee projects from inspiration to final delivery, including conceptualizing, writing, editing, overseeing graphic production and selecting music from our internal music library or commercial publishers and artists. Must have the ability to look ahead, brainstorm, pitch and produce ideas for launch spots and larger brand campaigns. Communicate concepts and ideas to Creative Director, Marketing Director, VP of Marketing, editors, designers and animators. making sure all elements conform to the brand and the mission of the network.
- The Writer/Producer will work with Production Management to adhere to budgetary guidelines; work with Showtime Operations to book their own editing and audio sessions; fulfill multiple delivery schedules; and work closely with multiple departments (marketing, PR, affiliate marketing, Ad Sales, Digital, Interstitial Scheduling) to execute all promotional aspects for spots on-air, off-air, digital, streaming etc.
- Work closely with outside vendors when applicable. Supervise audio and video editing sessions. Seek out external production sources as appropriate. Organize and maintain EDS and music cue sheets on all projects.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a writer/producer/editor in on-air promotion and marketing. Experience in TV, Broadcast Satellite or Streaming service is desired.
- Must be a conceptual thinker with good writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of promo editorial process from beginning to end.Extensive knowledge and familiarity with Premiere editing software
- Interpersonal and time management skills are essential.Keen sense of graphic design, music and sound design.Ability to juggle several projects at one time often under tight deadlines.
Smithsonian Channel is a joint venture between Showtime Networks and the Smithsonian Institution. Our awe-inspiring programs, powerful documentaries and entertaining factual stories shine new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, travel and pop culture. From legacy series such as Aerial America, Million Dollar American Princesses and Air Disasters to recent hits like America in Color, The Lost Tapes and The Coronation, our award-winning programming is available across multiple platforms in HD and 4K Ultra HD. The Channel is also available internationally in Canada, Singapore and Latin America, with more international launches to come in 2019. We currently have offices in New York City and Washington, DC.