SHOWTIME Networks seeks an experienced production executive to join the Original Programming team as Vice President, Production. The VP Production position will help oversee all Original Programming on the Network. The VP Production will be based in Los Angeles and report to the Head of Physical Production.
- The VP Production will be responsible for supervising and managing all aspects of physical production for series, MOWs, miniseries and pilot productions including production planning, crew staffing, scheduling, budgeting, production and post-production.
- In addition to managing the day-to-day operations, the VP Production will work closely with the Showtime creative team, ensuring the best possible production process with all parties.
- The position will employ the help of freelance talent and should have an extensive list of contacts they can utilize on a project basis. Specifically, the VP Production will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with the Head of Production and Creative Team(s) to successfully realize the vision of each show.
- Effectively communicate with Producers, Showrunners in the execution of their duties.
- Draft and publish initial production budgets, schedules and planning documents.
- Supervise all aspects of production and develop effective procedures and systems to keep productions running smoothly.
- Teaming with Co-Productions, Third Parties and Acquisitions staff to support co-production and reformatting efforts.
- Successfully negotiate deals with new Producers/ Third Party Production Service Companies.
- Continually monitor all projects in progress with regard to schedule, budgets, update meetings, etc.
- Solve budgetary issues while maintaining the creative integrity of the program.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Provide daily supervision for Production Supervisors, Managers, and Production Coordinators for scripted programming.
- Review Production Reports, Hot Costs, and Cost Reports on a daily basis.
- Stay abreast of each state’s tax incentive credits and film crew availability.
- Work closely with-in the organization to manage each project efficiently from pre-production though delivery.
- Stay abreast of new developing digital production technologies, work flows and new cameras.
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally when required.
- The Vice President Production must have experience in scripted television production.
- Prior success in planning and overseeing television projects, working with outside vendors, extensive contacts, and the ability to cope with change. Production budgeting experience is required as well as the following:
- 10 + years experience in pre-production through post-production.
- A strong understanding of the television production process and working familiarity with the various entertainment guilds and unions for film and TV including without limitation SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA and IATSE.
- Proven track record of fostering, building and maintaining relationships with key external and internal clients.
- A high integrity level and a passion for, and caring about, the quality of programming that airs on the network.
- Experience building and working as part of a cohesive team.
- Flexibility and the ability to perform effectively under stress and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work at the strategic level as well as operating day-to-day activities.
- Extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communications and relationship skills.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events