VP, Management Reporting & AnalysesApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. For more information, go to www.SHO.com
This position is responsible for the coordination, consolidation and comprehensive review of all budgets, forecasts and long range plans as well as analysis of the monthly financial statements for both the consolidated entity and each major business segment. This includes overseeing all aspects of the process from establishing and communicating requirements and deadlines to the final presentation documents to CBS financial management and SNI operational management. This position also provides full financial support (analysis, budgets, estimates, monthly accounting, etc.) to operating expense for the general and administrative business units. In addition, the position is responsible for the compilation, reporting and analysis of monthly financial performance both internally and to the CBS Finance group. Also, this position is the primary contact between Finance and IS&T for the TM1 budgeting and planning system and Compensation Model. Finally, this position provides notes for the Chairman and CEO of SNI for staff meetings with corporate.
Process management for all of Showtime’s budgets, estimates and long range plans
- Preparation, consolidation and all inclusive review/analysis of all aspects of the consolidated Showtime Networks Inc. budget, forecasts and long range plans
- 12 Monthly forecasting reporting requirements required by CBS
- Responsible for all aspects of the process from establishing requirements and deadlines to consolidating and analyzing all financial reports (P & L’s, Cash Flows, Balance Sheet, etc.)
- Prepare and present Budget presentations to SNI operational management as well as CBS financial management (CEO meeting)
- Frequent interaction and direct communication with both SNI operational and CBS financial management teams
- Responsible for the formulation of procedures, documentation and adherence to controls to ensure that all budgeting/reporting requirements are met in an informative, accurate and timely manner as well as the thorough review of all reports and supporting detail prior to issuance
Reporting and analysis
- Primary contact for CBS finance team regarding questions around Showtime’s financial performance
- Compilation, reporting and analysis of monthly cash flow both internally and to the CBS Finance group
- Provide monthly P&L performance analysis to CBS Finance team
- Identify any significant trending for P&L and cash flow and provide guidance to the SNI CFO regarding this trending
- Provide notes to the Chairman of SNI for staff meetings with L. Moonves
- Review and approve SNI internal control testing to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 reporting requirements
- Monitor and track headcount and temp staff trending and expense
Business unit support
- Provide business unit support to G & A with a total combined 2017 budget of $110 million
- Provide complete range of financial services, including budgets, estimates, long range plans
- Preparation and review of monthly financial reporting packages and provide strategic guidance for achieving financial targets
- Frequent interaction and direct communication with senior and operating management of all the business units
- Respond to information requests from CBS Finance as well as provide monthly analysis of Showtime’s financial results
System design and maintenance
- Responsible for maintenance and enhancements to the TM1 budgeting and planning system
- Responsible for maintenance and enhancements to the Compensation Model
- Work closely with IS&T to develop and implement systems improvements to accommodate changes in the business process
Year end planning process
- Responsible for developing and executing the year end planning process
- Conduct frequent meetings with the CFO and key finance personnel to review financial trending
- Work with the CFO to implement financial strategies to ensure that all financial targets (especially OIBDA and Cash Flow) are met or exceeded
- 10 to 15 years experience, primarily in the entertainment industry with experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial reporting and analysis
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- MBA, CPA or equivalent preferred
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to ensure both internal Showtime reporting requirements as well as CBS Finance requirements are met in an accurate and timely manner.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the CBS organization and the industry in order to successfully lead Showtime’s financial planning process.
- Strong understanding of the process flow within SNI and CBS.
- Ability to build strong relationships to effectively interface with all SNI departments and CBS divisions.
- Strong strategic, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent business judgment, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Guide and motivate a team of financial professionals to achieve superior performance results.