VP, Counsel, Showtime NetworksApply
We at Showtime Networks are seeking a mid-level transactional attorney to support its business and product development, sports and events programming, digital media, marketing, creative services, network operations, research and public relations departments.
The attorney will:
- review, negotiate and draft a wide variety of commercial agreements, including vendor, master services, production services, advertising, joint promotion, licensing, information technology, software and application development, and non-disclosure agreements
- review marketing materials and press releases and advise clients on a wide range of issues in connection with traditional media, streaming platforms and social media including intellectual property, anti-piracy, right of privacy, right of publicity, and defamation
- assist in the management of litigation and claims, anticipate and identify issues and risks, advise clients on negotiation strategy, and recommend potential solutions that align with company policies and risk tolerance, and
- assist with the continuous development and improvement of the legal team and its processes
- 7+ years commercial transaction experience in a law firm and/or as in-house counsel
- JD degree, admission to NY State bar
- Excellent oral and written communication skills -- ability to professionally and confidently explain complex legal concepts to staff at all levels of the company, build consensus and achieve strong client satisfaction
- Very strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Excellent work ethic, business judgment, follow-through skills and ability to prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work as part of a collegial team
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment and to perform well under pressure while performing multiple tasks for a diverse client base
- Knowledge of television, streaming and/or social media desired
- Familiarity with advertising law, software licensing and/or litigation a plus
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television – featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand’s first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.