Temporary Digital Content Scheduling Supervisor (Smithsonian Channel NYC)Apply
- Tracking, organizing, and scheduling content for a number of digital platforms, including programming and homepage updates for a regularly refreshed OTT service, an active YouTube channel, multiple Facebook and Twitter accounts, and various other editorial digital platforms.
- Tracking and updating OTT programming databases on a weekly basis and making sure all information included in them is accurate.
- Performing daily and weekly QA checks on all digital and social content.
- Tracking and updating weekly and monthly OTT scheduling calendars for program releases and editorial homepage changes.
- Overseeing CMS improvements with the development team
- Scheduling and overseeing updates to a robust YouTube channel, including a YouTube community tab, multiples weekly video publishes, end screens and other special features, and comment moderation.
- Requesting, organizing, uploading, and scheduling a collection of social media assets (copy, images, videos) across a number of profiles and platforms.
- Executing any live posting on social media platforms that cannot be scheduled ahead of time (i.e. Instagram Stories)
- A Bachelor's Degree in English, Communications, Media, Entertainment or another related field
- A critical editorial eye and the ability to catch mistakes with copy, images, and video
- Copyediting or professional writing experience
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple deliverables with strict deadlines
- 2-3+ years professional experience with social media scheduling (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube) and working with social media scheduling tools (i.e. Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Twitter Media Studio)
- 2-3+ years experience with CMS management and/or other relevant digital scheduling tools
- Basic understanding of content strategy a plus
- Interest in the streaming television industry a plus
Smithsonian Channel is a joint venture between Showtime Networks and the Smithsonian Institution. Our awe-inspiring programs, powerful documentaries and entertaining factual stories shine new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, travel and pop culture. From legacy series such as Aerial America, Million Dollar American Princesses and Air Disasters to recent hits like America in Color, The Lost Tapes and The Coronation, our award-winning programming is available across multiple platforms in HD and 4K Ultra HD. The Channel is also available internationally in Canada, Singapore and Latin America, with more international launches to come in 2019. We currently have offices in New York City and Washington, DC.