Temporary Coordinator, Marketing (Smithsonian Channel)Apply
CBS Business Unit: Smithsonian Networks
Job Type: Temporary / Per Diem / Freelance
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Marketing Coordinator supports day-to-day functions of the Marketing department, including asset management, on-air promotions, advertising campaigns, marketing presentations and other tasks as assigned.
- Track and distribute promotional assets, internally and externally
- Track competitive marketing efforts (print, on-air, online, experiential, etc)
- Ensure that electronic program guides are accurate
- Assist with creative development of promotional materials (print, on-air, online, etc)
- Ensure that all tactics are accurate and delivered on time.
- General administrative support
- Bachelors degree
- 1-2 years of relevant experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task
- Self-motivated team player
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent communication
- Detail oriented
- Standard computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Keynote is a plus) as well as ability to learn new programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to follow up
- Passionate about marketing, TV and documentaries; enthusiastic, resourceful and eager to learn.
- Strong writing and proofreading abilities.
Smithsonian Channel™, owned by Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between Showtime Networks Inc. and the Smithsonian Institution, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing entertainment across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel combines the storytelling prowess of SHOWTIME® with the unmatched resources and rich traditions of the Smithsonian, to create award-winning programming that shines new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, and pop culture. Among the network’s offerings are series including Aerial America, America in Color, First Ladies Revealed, Polar Bear Town, The Lost Tapes, Amazing Monkeys, America’s Secret Space Heroes, Mighty Ships, Mighty Planes and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include Titanic’s Fatal Fire, The Obama Years: The Power of Words, Nightmare on Everest, Diana and the Paparazzi, Diana: The Day We Said Goodbye and Flying High with Phil Keoghan. Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Earth™, through SN Digital LLC., a new subscription video streaming service delivering spectacular original nature and wildlife content. To learn more, go to www.smithsonianchannel.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled