Temporary Coordinator, Content DistributionApply
- Oversee encoding, transcoding, QCing and troubleshooting of all elements that go to various distributions in multiple formats.
- Coordinate with various vendors and internal departments.
- Invoice tracking and budgeting of costs across separate departments.
- Point person for contacting operations departments, creating timelines, communicating issues.
- Written status updates to Smithsonian and Showtime team
- Understanding and monitoring adherence to contractual requirements
- Entering information into traffic system and maintenance of file database
- Track status of all elements and be prepared with reports for upper management
- Knowledge of video file formats, broadcast audio configurations, and duplication processes.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Flexibility, ability to multitask and desire to take on new tasks as they come on
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with Aspera, Signiant.
- Familiarity with purchase orders, and invoicing.
- College degree preferred.
- Knowledge of video file formats and duplication processes required.
- Familiarity with PC required.
- Experience dealing with clients/vendors.
Smithsonian Channel is a joint venture between Showtime Networks and the Smithsonian Institution. Our awe-inspiring programs, powerful documentaries and entertaining factual stories shine new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, travel and pop culture. From legacy series such as Aerial America, Million Dollar American Princesses and Air Disasters to recent hits like America in Color, The Lost Tapes and The Coronation, our award-winning programming is available across multiple platforms in HD and 4K Ultra HD. The Channel is also available internationally in Canada, Singapore and Latin America, with more international launches to come in 2019. We currently have offices in New York City and Washington, DC.