Supervisor of Unscripted Content, Program OperationsApply
The Supervisor of Unscripted Content, Program Operations provides technical and operational support within the Program Operations and Distribution (POD) department. This person works with the VP of Program Operations and the Manager of Unscripted Content, Program Operations, handling various aspects of incoming delivery, including asset tracking and validation, QC, rejections, and Free TV versioning. This position interfaces daily with Producers, Post teams and facilities to ensure proper technical standards and content formatting of early and final assets. S/he/they assists with early file requests for festivals and special screenings. Supervisor has frequent contact with various departments within Showtime LA and NY and CBS TV Distribution.
· Track and confirm early and final incoming physical and digital assets to guarantee proper file delivery and destination for Showtime, CBS, and distribution partners. Create and update incoming asset delivery spreadsheet templates per title. Handle asset validation to ensure Showtime’s technical specifications and formatting standards are met for each asset. Review test file QC reports and mastering QC reports with Manager. Participate in Post meetings and on conference calls. For fiber feed content, assist with compiling notification list templates, booking feeds and providing back-up support on conference bridge. Watermark and password protect scripts for sensitive content. (50%)
· Create working folders for Producers, Post teams and facilities to access. Request and provide unscripted titles’ file transfer credentials for Broadcast Operations, POD, CBS, and distribution partners. Supply Producers/Post with proper logo for each title. Revise existing Delivery Schedule legal documents per Managers’ guidance, and distribute updated documents to various entities. Participate in drafting Operations’ procedural documents. (20%)
· Interface between Producers, Post teams, facilities and Showtime to facilitate fixes and redeliveries for rejected assets. Ensure rejection issues are promptly reported to Broadcast Operations, CBS, Creative Services, and POD, troubleshoot problems, and guarantee corrected assets are sent to all parties. (10%)
· Collaborate with Program Operations team in reviewing unscripted content for TVPG/TV14 standards & practices. Participate in content evaluation sessions. Communicate edit notes to Producers and Post teams and re-review content. (10%)
· Liaise with Producers and Post teams to receive festival and special screening files. Confirm proper files are delivered in a timely manner for turnaround to DCP. (10%)
· This position requires a detail-oriented individual with the ability to think critically, multi-task, and correspond to numerous external contacts and with multiple internal departments. Strong customer service ability needed. Capacity to work within aggressive deadlines and meticulous follow-up is mandatory.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Comprehensive technical knowledge of film, video, audio and digital formats is required. This person must have a competent understanding of post-production, technical operations, and their workflows, and demonstrate strong and efficient supervisory and organizational skills. S/he/they must be able to understand and troubleshoot various technical and/or formatting issues that may arise. This person must be detail-oriented and highly organized, have excellent proofreading, writing and communications skills, and be able to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: BA or BS degree in Communications or Film/TV preferred.
Work Experience: 3+ years in a Coordinator and/or Supervisor position working in post production or technical operations at a network, studio, post facility, post-production company, or a digital media & entertainment company.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.