Supervisor, Program Operations & DistributionApply
The Supervisor of Program Operations & Distribution provides technical and operational support for the Program Operations & Distribution department at Showtime.
This position reports to the Director of Program Distribution, with some direction from the VP.
The Supervisor will work on project managing physical and digital delivery of Showtime and Smithsonian titles to ancillary markets. This position will supervise complex projects and workflows for digital distribution, and act as an additional point of contact for the digital distribution relationships, both externally and internally.
The Supervisor role will also work in facilitating marketing, publicity, and paperwork materials for international and domestic distribution.
The candidate must have strong knowledge of audio and video formats (both physical and digital), audio and video codecs, resolutions, frame rates, and video standards, as well as expertise of descriptive and operational metadata schemas, and technical post-production and operations workflows.
Handle day-to-day distribution operations functions to over 40+ worldwide digital and broadcast partners by working closely with clients, vendors, monitoring digital file deliveries in various formats and languages, fielding rejections and redelivery requests for Showtime and Smithsonian digital content. This includes providing daily support to outside vendors on digitizing and encoding workflows, requesting redelivery of files, generating purchase orders, ETAs to partners, etc.
Liaise with ViacomCBS International Operations team on Showtime asset-sharing and other cross-functional operations related to worldwide distribution.
Compile pertinent title metadata (title info, synopses, runtime, credits, copyright information, etc.) into Showtime’s master metadata templates for series/features/documentaries. Vet the information into partner-specific metadata templates for delivery to multiple digital platforms and other Showtime distribution outlets, worldwide.
Facilitate international partners access to Showtime fiber feeds ensuring partners have what they need to be dialed in.
Confirm all final incoming physical and digital assets have been received and are viable. Guarantee accurate file delivery and destination for Showtime, CBS, and distribution partners.
Maintain departmental spreadsheets and other related documentation. Submit production materials such as images and key art to the Showtime Digital Asset Management System (DAM) for input into the overall department database.
Help the DAM team in uploading and coordinating assets to/from network to specific folders/locations in preparation for ingestion into database.
College degree required
- 3+ years’ experience in post-production, technical operations, and/or digital media distribution
- Superior understanding of video formats, standards, encoding, transcoding and delivery
- Experience working with content/digital asset management systems to research titles, rights, and related digital assets including digital distribution metadata and artwork
- Experience with media processing tools and asset management systems
- Understanding of production and post-production workflows and standard methodologies
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management
- Confident and articulate in technical conversations
- Must be extremely detail oriented and highly organized
- Excellent proofreading, writing and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Experience in digital video programming, content creation, distribution and management
- Thorough understanding of and direct experience with EST/SVOD
- Superior knowledge of video formats, standards, encoding, transcoding and delivery
- Experience with confidential and sensitive materials
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
- Must be extremely detail oriented
- Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management
- Equally confident and articulate in technical conversations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (MS, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Basic working knowledge of Photoshop to reformat key art images and unit photos per client specifications to be included with metadata and program file deliveries
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television. The SHOWTIME programming slate features original series including Emmy® nominated limited series ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA, BILLIONS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, THE CHI, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, KIDDING, BLACK MONDAY, THE LOUDEST VOICE, CITY ON A HILL, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, BACK TO LIFE, WORK IN PROGRESS and ON BECOMING A GOD IN CENTRAL FLORIDA. The network’s eclectic, brand-defining programming is further distinguished by the captivating offerings of SHOWTIME Documentary Films, including docuseries THE CIRCUS: INSIDE THE WILDEST POLITICAL SHOW ON EARTH, Emmy-nominated WU-TANG CLAN: OF MICS AND MEN and THE FOURTH ESTATE and documentary films THE KINGMAKER and READY FOR WAR. SHOWTIME Sports continues to dominate with its flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.