Supervisor, Program Operations & DistributionApply
SHOWTIME is seeking a Supervisor of Program Operations & Distribution to provide technical and operational support for the POD department in a dual-reporting role for both Digital Distribution and Home Entertainment.
Reporting to the Director of Program Distribution, the role will assist in project managing physical and digital delivery of Showtime and Smithsonian titles to ancillary markets. The ideal candidate will have significant experience supervising complex projects for digital distribution, and act as an additional point of contact for the digital distribution relationships, both externally and internally.
For Showtime’s Domestic and International Home Entertainment, the candidate will report to the department’s Project Manager, and work to ensure that proper timelines are met and standard process workflows are satisfied in order to facilitate the licensing and servicing of Showtime’s BD/DVD releases, including licensee home entertainment.
The Supervisor role will also work with the VP of Program Distribution in facilitating marketing, publicity, and paperwork materials for international and domestic distribution.
Candidate should have strong knowledge of audio and video formats (both physical and digital), audio and video codecs, resolutions, frame rates, and video standards, as well as strong knowledge of descriptive and operational metadata schemas, and BD/DVD production workflows.
● Supervise the day-to-day operations for Home Entertainment and EST/SVOD distribution, ensuring final deliveries are within the expected timeframe. Responsibilities include BD/DVD menu creation, censorship submission, issuing purchase orders, reviewing content, proofreading supporting documents, proxy file creation, originating or reformatting foreign language audio/subtitle files, etc.
● Work closely with vendors, monitoring digital file rejections and redelivery requests for Showtime and Smithsonian digital distribution projects as needed. This includes providing daily support to outside vendors on digitizing and encoding workflows, requesting redelivery of files, and so on.
● Facilitate the delivery of BD/DVD production assets to Showtime International Home Entertainment licensee territories, including program files, audio files, metadata, layered menus and paperwork. Perform in-house QC on check discs, monitoring & handling rejections and fixes between Showtime and Licensees in a timely manner.
● Compile pertinent asset information (title info, synopses, runtime, credits, copyright information, etc.) into metadata spreadsheets for Showtime series/features/documentaries, as well as vetting the information into specific metadata templates for delivery to content partners and other Showtime distribution outlets, worldwide.
● Maintain departmental spreadsheets and other relevant documentation and submit production materials such as menus, subtitles, images and key art to the Showtime Digital Asset Management System (DAM) for input into the overall department database.
● Supervise legal clearance and approval of all Domestic and International BD/DVD packaging and menu design. Liaise with internal departments, Business Affairs and Legal, as well as studio affiliates to facilitate requests and approvals in a timely manner.
● Help the DAM team in uploading and organizing assets to/from network to specific folders/locations in preparation for ingestion into database.
● College degree required
● 3+ years’ experience in Home Entertainment and/or digital media distribution
● Superior understanding of video formats, standards, encoding, transcoding and delivery
● Experience working with content/digital asset management systems to research titles, rights, and related digital assets including digital distribution metadata and artwork
● Experience with media processing tools and asset management systems
● Understanding of production and post-production workflows and best practices
● Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management
● Confident and articulate in technical conversations
● Must be extremely detail oriented and highly organized
● Excellent proofreading, writing and communication skills
● Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast paced environment