Supervisor, Performance MediaApply
- Showtime-Over-the-Internet Media Planning, Activation, & Optimization
- Work with the Media team on day-to-day operations pertaining to Performance Media for Showtime across various platforms with an emphasis on the standalone app and direct-to-consumer services.
- Help oversee the day-to-day management of media campaigns and assist with the strategy & execution of paid search, social, programmatic, and direct display quarterly planning:
- Provide feedback on agency media plan strategy recommendations, partner mix, etc. and consolidate feedback with agency to make plan revision requests
- Use industry knowledge and forward thinking in the curation of each media plan, offering informed opinions and suggestions to improve efficiency and meet KPI goals
- Assist agency with any requests needed to set up new test partners, making changes to monthly/quarterly budget and tactic allocations, etc.
- Work to create media planning timelines with the Subscription Marketing team on a quarterly basis and oversee the execution of it, ensuring that dates are shifted/adjusted when needed
- Use project management skills to keep internal/external teams informed of deliverable deadlines and communicate relevant updates to various groups as needed
- Review all quarterly planning documents from the agency (flowcharts, Media Plan Recommendation decks, targeting matrix, ATBs, Creative Rotation docs, etc.) to ensure accuracy and provide suggestions/feedback to the team when needed
- Lead the development and authoring of quarterly Media Plan Overview presentations to articulate our media strategies and tactics for sign-off prior to activation (opportunity to present this work to senior management and executives in collaborating departments)
- Work with the agency/Subscription Marketing/Comms teams on creative-specific optimizations made throughout the quarter and call out any impacts to overall campaign performance
- Serve as a regular point-of-contact for external agencies, providing feedback on targeting, plan development, and optimizations.
- Verify that plans are consistent with media strategy, in line with budget, flighted properly, and executable based on production schedules
- Ensure proper management and accuracy of documents shared with agency teams on a regular basis
- Attend and be an active participant in all weekly status meetings with agency strategy/planning, investment, analytics, and AdOps teams
- Communicate premiere dates, product updates, budget shifts, upcoming initiatives, and other pertinent information as it becomes available
- Build and maintain professional relationships with external agency partners and vendors
- Work closely with the Subscription Marketing team in the stewardship of media plans to closely sync up media tactics and agency deliverables with specific marketing needs
- Collaborate with members from Title Marketing Media and Key Account Media to identify areas of overlap in media plans, share transferable learnings, synchronize processes, and collect feedback as needed in any Media-led projects
- Communicate regularly with Finance & Account Payables teams to provide necessary updates regarding annual/monthly budgets and monthly invoices
- Attend and be an active participant in all regularly scheduled status meetings with Media, Marketing and Digital Analytics/Implementation teams – represent the Performance Media team and share all relevant updates to each group on the team’s behalf as needed
- Work with Manager on operational responsibilities for ad hoc campaigns:
- Issue ad hoc campaign briefs and request plans from the agency
- Share ad hoc media plan updates and optimization recommendations as needed with relevant teams
- Compile wrap up reporting details and share with key stakeholders
- Oversee detailed cross-departmental documents and manage all responsibilities of updating/adjusting the documents to ensure accuracy of information
- Assist the team with reconciling budgets at the end of each month/year and submit billing updates on behalf of the Performance Media team at the end of the year within designated deadlines
- Work with Manager to maintain long range financial documents related to advertising spend, including media budget charts for monthly and quarterly spend, spending by channel, etc.
- Work to cultivate and implement new processes and mechanisms that will ultimately improve team performance, creativity, communication, and collaboration
- Stay updated on new partner offerings and industry trends related to performance media, leaning on the agency as needed to request POVs/feasibility of new test partners or opportunities
- Gather, analyze, and apply data from external agency leads and internal Analytics teams to help define effective and innovative strategic approaches
- Work with the Analytics and Digital Implementation teams to provide Performance Media inputs for cross-departmental reporting deliverables, submit reporting requests in JIRA and lead follow ups for any ad hoc reporting needs, and communicate all major campaign structure changes in a timely manner to ensure proper data ingestion and reporting
- Regularly check campaign and partner performance using agency reports and data visualization/reporting tools and call out insightful updates/poor performers/data ingestion issues in dashboards to relevant teams
- Thoroughly assess weekly campaign optimization recommendations from agency teams and share informed opinions/feedback to the team to help guide decisions
- Analyze quarterly campaign/series specific performance with an emphasis on digital media KPIs (app downloads, Free Trial Starts, Re-Subscriptions, etc.), and connect to business KPIs (conversion, churn, consumer lifetime value, average subscriber month, etc.)
- Read, analyze, and utilize topical media research as needed and stay abreast on changes in the AdTech industry to make informed judgements in daily tasks
- Foundational understanding of digital media planning and analytics, especially within the direct response space (digital tactics including search, social, programmatic, display, video, and mobile advertising)
- Exceptional communicator, including written, verbal, presentation and listening skills
- Collaborative nature, strong work ethic, and computer proficiency
- Great attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and comfort managing important financial documents
- Passion for entertainment and Showtime programming
- Comfort analyzing data and using it to illustrate a marketing story
- Quick learner with the ability to shift gears quickly as new priorities arise
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, marketing, advertising, communications, or mathematics preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in marketing, advertising and media planning preferred; Performance media planning
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television – featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand’s first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.