Subscription Marketing AnalystApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. For more information, go to www.SHO.com
The Subscription Marketing Analyst is experienced in working with broad data sets and shaping them into actionable insights that inform decision-making that improves marketing and advertising operations and campaign performance. You will help plan, launch and grow direct marketing initiatives that deliver incremental subscribers and revenue to Showtime. This role will report to the VP, Subscription Marketing and work alongside members of Data Strategy, Research, Sales, Consumer and Digital Marketing, Media and Product Management teams. You will also collaborate with key contacts at Showtime’s media planning agency, plus other external vendors.
You are able to interpret rich and disparate data sources, build statistical models and present fact-based solutions to strategic business issues involving Showtime customer acquisition and lifetime value (LTV). You will implement data processes, develop and manage marketing analysis reports and make recommendations that maximize marketing effectiveness across paid, owned and earned channels. You will also repackage data and share key findings with distribution partners to improve co-marketing activities.
- Own day-to-day measurement, reporting and optimization recommendations for subscriber acquisition and lifecycle marketing activities to shape Showtime’s customer growth strategy and increase customer lifetime value (LTV)
- Build and scale consumer marketing analytics, evaluate test and learn strategies and manage the process to identify best practices and opportunities to maximize revenue per subscriber and total profit potential for all marketing activities.
- Work with 1st, 2nd and 3rd-party data sets to design data intelligence reports tracking key business performance and subscriber trends across traditional and digital platforms.
- Apply Showtime subscriber and marketing insights to strategic planning with key distribution partners and present proposals to enhance campaign performance.
- Help identify marketing KPIs, estimate expected value and assess marketing performance of direct/retail initiatives (ex. gifting, bounty/referral, lodging and university programs) and upsell opportunities (ex. annual subscription plan).
- Contribute to Marketing roadmap planning and deliverables, including cross-device measurement and forecasting consumer behavior.
- Partner with cross-functional team to derive and test hypotheses to learn and provide strategic feedback that improves marketing effectiveness over the short and long term.
- Help plan and activate prospect and win-back marketing campaigns to drive purchase intent/new subscriptions.
- Ensure proper implementation of technical requirements for data collection from digital marketing campaigns.
- Create and manage monthly and quarterly marketing analysis reports, be a liaison to other departments and share and communicate insights from other research and performance reports.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in business intelligence, performing sales and marketing data analysis and solving problems through quantitative approaches, preferably in entertainment, media, publishing, retail and/or a subscription-based business.
- An analytical, data-driven decision-maker with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills, and a proven track record of delivering ROI through traditional/digital media and partnerships.
- Experience with Web Analytics tools including Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics and other robust reporting tools.
- Knowledge of digital marketing automation platforms (ex. Salesforce Marketing Cloud) and enterprise business intelligence services (ex. BusinessObjects).
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills with sharp ability to simplify complex concepts and convey actionable solutions
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines and thrive in a cross-functional capacity within a dynamic, high-energy, rapidly changing environment.
- Working understanding of data visualizations and tools (ex. Tableau).
- SQL programming a must.
- Working understanding of data warehousing and data governance.
- Working understanding of subscriber churn models, predictive modeling and relational database management systems.
- Advanced Excel skills (ex. pivot tables, macros, VBA).