Sr. Manager, Customer CareApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Position is responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of a multi-channel customer service operation that includes live phone, chat, webmail, social and email support. This position will serve as the liaison to internal stakeholders gathering and disseminating information to improve department efficiencies and the overall SHOWTIME and Smithsonian Channel customer experiences. Individual will work closely with the Director, Customer Service to provide support for all company initiatives to drive retention and maximize revenue.
Specifically, you will:
- Work with internal contacts, collecting, organizing and seeking input when necessary to ensure accurate and up-to-date responses for each type of interaction from simple to complex across all platforms and services including the SHOWTIME streaming service, Showtime Anytime, mobile applications, on-demand services, Smithsonian Channel and Smithsonian Earth.
- Aggregate and analyze data across all customer contact tools to make suggestions for improving operational efficiencies and ensuring a premium customer experience. Translate findings into easy to understand reports and presentations for management.
- Handle escalated customer inquiries emanating from the 3rd party customer service vendor or from internal SNI employees determining appropriate responses and/or following problems through to resolution. Inform and seek guidance from legal department and Public Relations when inquiries are sensitive in nature (I.e. SNI legal threats; controversial language).
- Serve as primary contact to Smithsonian Channel and Smithsonian Earth gathering and sharing product, programming and promotional information with necessary parties and report back on customer insights to inform decisions and drive customer loyalty.
- Assist Director, Customer Service with the development and execution of processes and procedures to improve internal operational efficiencies. Ensure all Help Centers contain up-to-date, accurate and complete information necessary for customers to self-serve.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in customer service and/or call centers
- Significant experience with reporting and data analysis
- Experience in cable TV, streaming TV and/or TV programming or other subscription businesses
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – communicating both within the organization and externally
- Proactive planner with the ability to multi-task and prioritize while under pressure
- Very detail orientated, deadline oriented and organized
- Strong writing skills with excellent punctuation and grammar
- Knowledge of the streaming programming and/or subscription business model
- Knowledge of customer service, call center technology
- Excellent computer skills—Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled