Sr Financial Account ManagerApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, WHITE FAMOUS and the upcoming drama THE CHI. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, Showtime Anytime, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events.
The Senior Financial Account Manager oversees a wide range of financial responsibilities that ensure accurate reflection of revenue and subscriber information reported within SNI, SI, and to CBS. Manage all financial and contractual aspects (e.g. revenue, marketing expense and budget/forecast process) of Key Account(s) and/or a diversified account portfolio comprised of smaller accounts. Actively participate within an empowered, self-directed, and cross-functional team environment.
- Manage all financial aspects of key account portfolio in order to achieve established financial fundamentals and maintain integrity of the information in SNI customer database. Demonstrate cross-functional expertise in accrual-based revenue and expense accounting, billing, accounts receivable, cash management, and collections. Oversee many of the Affiliate Finance department’s monthly close processes, account P&L accuracy, and designated Key Account reporting and metrics. Extensive knowledge of other accounts within Sales, beyond one’s designated portfolio. This includes understanding of contract terms, issues, and the ability to act as a secondary FAM on these accounts.
- Prepare annual revenue budgets and monthly forecasts for key accounts. Perform monthly variance analysis of actuals to estimates in order to effectively adjust monthly forecasts. In addition, responsible for communicating forecast variance explanations to senior management.
- Reviewing the monthly trends, providing variance analyses and taking a proactive approach in managing the accounts. This includes understanding all relevant business issues that may impact account performance, discussing all significant revenue variances with the Key Account Vice President in a timely manner, and making recommendations regarding the forecasting and presentation of information to senior management. Additionally, the Sr. FAM must identify and effectively communicate the necessary risks and opportunities regarding the forecast of both revenue and expense. Provide timely and appropriate reporting and ad-hoc analysis for SNI field sales and SI on an as-needed basis. Pro-actively identify and develop added-value services that would assist in developing solutions to maximize SNI/SI revenue.
- Develop payment templates and reports that reflect the terms and conditions of current contracts and translate complex deal points into the billing system. Act as an integral part of contract negotiations through the development of complex financial models and contract proposals. Work closely with Sales to identify risks and opportunities of proposals.
- Develop and maintain exceptional business relationships with both external customers (Operators) and internal customers (Field Sales, SI Finance, Business Operations & CBS) in order to provide superior customer service. Act as a resource to all new employees.
- Actively participate in team development by supporting the principles of effective teams, i.e., peer review, consensus building, conflict resolution, and constructive feedback. Assist in the selection and training of new team members. In addition, take a leadership role on task forces and committees designed to improve business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field preferred.
- 4 to 6 years previous experience in revenue management, contract interpretation/billing and accounts receivable systems.
- Solid understanding of accounting principles (accrual-based accounting, journal entries, P&L analysis) and financial skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Leadership abilities demonstrated to Finance and Sales Management
- Consistently demonstrate innovative approaches to problem-solving
- Attention to detail and dedication to excellence
- High level of initiative; pro-active, positive approach
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Very strong computer skills, including: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and financial planning tools
- Strong customer service background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed and empowered team environment
- Proven track record of being used as a mentor or advisor to peers