Sr Analyst, OTT Analytics & InsightsApply
Showtime’s Research department is seeking a highly motivated analytics professional to join the OTT Analytics and Insights Team. The Sr Analyst must be an analytical and strategic thinker with experience working with large and disparate data sources. This position will analyze and report on key performance indicators and viewership metrics with the goal of keeping stakeholders informed and influencing Corporate strategy.
The focus of this role is to leverage data to derive insights related to SHOWTIME’s direct-to-consumer streaming (OTT) service as well as third party distribution partners (Amazon, Hulu, etc.). To uncover these insights, the Sr Analyst must have strong command of Tableau and familiarity with SQL. The Sr Analyst will serve as an integral member of a small team where collaboration is key. This position will report to the Manager of OTT Analytics and Insights and work with a variety of teams across SHO including but not limited to all areas of Research, Data Science, Product and Business Development, Digital Marketing Analytics, Scheduling, Marketing, and Sales.
This job is based out of New York and will start out as working remotely
- Build, improve, and maintain reports, dashboards, and tracking metrics to monitor subscriber trends to help inform cross-functional stakeholders
- Work with stakeholders to understand business objectives, define key performance indicators based on those objectives, and provide relevant data, including analysis and insights
- Manage large amounts of data from various sources with an eye towards fusing similar metrics together
- Utilize strong analytical skills to compile and process data, tell a story and draw actionable conclusions that drive programming and development decisions
- Manage and supervise the work of a full year Intern– providing professional development and coaching opportunities
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis under tight deadlines as required
- Develop and maintain documentation for reporting and analytical enhancements
- Coordinate and stay informed of all new programming and product developments that may impact performance
· Work with multiple data sets to design business intelligence reports tracking key business performance, subscriber and programming viewership trends
· 3-5 years of work experience in Business Intelligence, Analytics, Research or similar type role
· Candidates must have proven experience in analyzing, interpreting and presenting data
· Television, Streaming Network or subscription-related experience preferred but not required
· 2+ years of experience using Tableau, and ideally be able to build dashboards
· Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, vlookup, etc.)
· Experience using Omniture/Adobe Analytics a plus
· Experience with relational databases (e.g., SQL) and appetite for building out additional programming skills Independent self-starter who embraces a team-oriented and collaborative approach
· Ability to both create and deliver PowerPoint Presentations that tell meaningful and actionable stories with the data
· Must be detail-oriented and focused on data accuracy – with proactive problem solving skills and an eye towards data investigation
· Capacity to manage concurrent projects and tasks in a dynamic environment and with ever changing priorities and deadlines
SHOWTIME continues to make its mark across the cultural landscape with one of the most successful programming lineups in television – featuring critically acclaimed original series, provocative documentaries, box-office hit films, comedy and music specials and hard-hitting sports. SHOWTIME has an unparalleled roster of hit original content, including some of the top scripted series in cable: SHAMELESS and BILLIONS. The network is the home to rich, bold and inventive storytelling in series like THE CHI, THE L WORD: GENERATION Q, CITY ON A HILL, WORK IN PROGRESS, BACK TO LIFE and BLACK MONDAY, along with limited series THE GOOD LORD BIRD, YOUR HONOR and THE COMEY RULE. Unscripted programming includes the brand’s first ever late-night talk show, DESUS & MERO. Recent lauded docu-series and documentary films include COUPLES THERAPY, LOVE FRAUD, OUTCRY, THE REAGANS, KINGDOM OF SILENCE and BELUSHI, as well as Emmy®-winning news series VICE and political documentary series THE CIRCUS.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.viacbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.