CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Showtime Digital Media is the internal Design and Development department responsible for building and maintaining a number of digital marketing initiatives for Showtime, a premium television channel with offices in NYC and LA. We are looking for an experienced, creative developer to join our engineering team. Specifically, we are looking for somebody with a passion for building Java web applications and exploring new technologies, who is detail oriented, and who is an excellent communicator.
• Assume accountability for the success of new applications and projects.
• Use and mandate best practices in software development, including MVC pattern, Dependency Injection, and RESTful Web Services.
• Plan and implement new features and functionality in collaboration with other teams
• Participate in Code Reviews (give feedback and receive feedback via Bitbucket)
• Write user stories, tests, and documentation to support your code
• Assist with marketing tech efforts, bringing engineering expertise and out-of-the-box thinking to the table
• Create reusable components that are scalable and easily maintained.
• Comprehend new technological solutions and implement them to resolve specific client requests.
• Facilitate communication with front end developers in order to provide them with back-end data solutions for Rich Internet Clients.
• 3+ years of experience building web applications in Java
• An excellent foundation with the following technologies: Core Java, Spring MVC, Spring Boot, Java Servlet API, JSP, XML, JSON, JSTL, Hibernate, GIT, and JAXB.
• Experience with databases, preferably Oracle and PostgreSQL, with ability to code stored procedures, triggers and functions.
• Experience with Tomcat 7 and up with ability to do minimal configurations
• Experience with Git version control system (we use Git Flow)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled