Software Developer - ProductApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. For more information, go to www.SHO.com
Showtime Networks seeks an extraordinary developer with primary focus on backend Java (actually Groovy, but we'll happily teach you), but with interest and experience in other languages and technologies. You will be creative, self-motivated, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities. You should also be a strong multi-tasker with solid time-management skills. In this position, you will build the frontend and backend frameworks for our Showtime standalone streaming service and TV Everywhere service, Showtime Anytime.
You will join a close-knit team of developers with a wide range of skills to build and support always-on products (high-performance web sites, iOS and Android apps, apps for other platforms like connected TVs and game consoles) and the associated web service platform they run on. Showtime applications are valuable to millions of subscribers, so it's key that you write code that easily scales horizontally. We’re building the future of television, and growing to support new platforms--and as we expand the service, we’ll get to play with some great tech.
Key Technologies You'll Master:
· Groovy + Spring
· Mongo + Redis + Elastic Search
· macOS, Linux, Amazon Web Services
· Maven, Git, JIRA, Bamboo, etc.
· 6+ years of development experience, ideally for high-availability consumer products
· Deep understanding of POOP (Principles of Object Oriented Programming)
· Background in web development and database development
· Familiarity with web applications, architectures, and deployment
· Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) is preferred but not necessary
Experience Bonus Items:
· Crafting high-volume clustered sites
· Node, PHP/Zend, Rails or Django
· iOS or Android development, either personally or professionally
· Developing for game consoles or smart TVs