Senior Vice President, Talent Relations and EventsApply
· Manages the company’s events and talent relations teams who are responsible for developing, overseeing and executing all nationwide events for Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) and its programming, including original series, specials and documentaries, sports, and corporate and trade related events (including TCA, all premieres and screenings, talent dinners, festivals, networks’ holiday parties, as well as For Your Consideration events during awards season).
· Executive will also oversee all talent relations for the Company, working closely with SNI’s senior leadership, marketing, digital, licensing, distribution and international teams on requests. Team will manage promotional set requests, special partnerships, affiliate and charitable requests. Executive will also serve as a liaison with CBS Corporation.
· Team will staff and help manage talent needs across all SNI print, online and broadcast shoots for the various promotional arms of the company.
· Executive will maintain open discussions and sustain communication with all show producers and talent.
· Work closely with PR department publicists and marketing team members on the network’s publicity and marketing campaigns. Develop creative and innovative ways to publicize the network’s new and existing series.
· Initiating and developing relationships with vendors, venues and potential sponsors.
· Hire and supervise all events staff and various agencies in support of the network’s original programming. Create and manage guest lists for all events.
· Manage events budget, as well as all talent gifting.
· Set creative and operational direction for design, development and execution of all events. Ensure benchmarks and timelines are met and adhered to. Oversight of production, venues, vendors, operations and logistics, managing the team's timely delivery of projects and materials ensuring fiscally responsible execution.
· Monitor industry trends and make recommendations to keep SNI’s team positioned as a leader in the industry. Check competing events calendars.
· Work with Showtime Business Affairs Department to ensure all talent restrictions and approvals procedures are met. Ability to negotiate large-scale contracts with vendors and venues, in coordination with SNI’s legal and finance teams.
Prior experience working with both talent (actors, directors, producers) and in special events (small and large scale) required.
· Approximately 15+ years in a network or studio events department or related high-performance service organization at management level.
· Detail oriented and strong ability to work independently.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and follow through.
· Full spectrum of event management capabilities from strategy to execution, as well as excellent publicity, marketing, promotion and design skills.
· Candidate must be a creative problem solver. Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize numerous requests and handle multiple projects at once while meeting constantly changing deadlines.
· Ability to work well under pressure and be key decision maker both onsite.
· Time flexibility and the ability to work nights and weekends and some travel will be required.
· Candidate must be a consummate teammate with dedication to quality who instills confidence in others. Strong ability collaborate and partner with internal and external partners.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.