Senior Vice President, Entertainment Public RelationsApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) is looking for a Senior Vice President, Entertainment Public Relations who will oversee the network’s entertainment PR teams on the East and West Coast. Responsibilities will include:
· SVP will oversee the consumer PR team, managing entertainment PR and operations staff on the East and West Coast, as well as the department’s budget.
· Responsible for the development and execution of all PR campaigns, and generating strategic media plans for the network’s original series, limited series, films, comedy specials and documentaries. Will also be responsible for all casting, development and pilot trade announcements.
- Strong management skills required with experience supervising a large staff of senior level employees across LA and NY, ability to delegate work, and provide constructive feedback to employees.
- Role will report to EVP, Corporate Communications. Position requires strong leadership, decision-making and problem-solving skills. Candidate must be solution-oriented and autonomous in handling issues that arise. The ideal candidate is creative, forward-thinking, self-motivated with strong industry relations with media and LA based key industry contacts.
- Looking for an executive with strong media contacts at the highest level to secure brand-impacting stories. Must be able to write and independently pitch network projects. Must deftly handle all genres of programming.
· Will be a key liaison to the company’s outside co-production partners, and work closely with the network’s directors, producers, cast members, talent representatives, writers and various industry organizations, including Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) and Academy of Television Arts and Sciences (ATAS).
- SVP will supervise and oversee all press logistics around the network’s special events, including premiere screenings for SNI’s original programming, parties, Emmy and Golden Globes dinners, press luncheons and functions for industry organizations, such as the Television Critics Association (TCA), ATAS, HFPA, among others.
· Candidate must have at least 15+ years of public relations experience, preferably in a broadcast, cable, streaming or premium network setting. SHOWTIME is looking for a creative, strategic and resourceful communications professional who is detail-oriented, deadline-sensitive with an ability to multi-task.
· Proficient skills in digital, social media trends and OTT (Over-The-Top) business and platforms.