Senior Manager- Media (Digital Media Planning)Apply
- Media Planning and Optimization (50%) Work with media team on day-to-day operations pertaining to acquisition media for Showtime across various platforms with an emphasis on the standalone app and direct-to-consumer services.
- Continuously refine the media strategy for Showtime-over-the-Internet to achieve product awareness, customer acquisition, retention, and revenue goals.
- Serve as a regular point-of-contact for the customer engagement agency, social agency, and programmatic partner(s) providing guidance on targeting, strategy, plan development, optimizations, and connection to larger series-specific advertising strategy.
- Ensure plans are consistent with media strategy, in line with budget, flighted properly, and executable based on production schedules.
- Attend and be an active participant in all weekly status meetings with the customer engagement agency, social agency, programmatic partner(s) and various internal marketing teams.
- Communicate premiere dates, product updates, and other pertinent information as it becomes available. Connect multiple media agencies to make sure campaign details are shared in order to ensure plans are best complementing each other.
- Work closely with the Subscription Marketing team in the stewardship of media plans to closely sync up media tactics and agency deliverables with specific marketing needs. o Collaborate in the development of targeting parameters for media partners from agencies and partners with the goal of finding our best prospects and sending them to the most applicable destination.
- Oversee the management of the media budget. Recommend monthly budget distribution and media mix.
- Contribute to the development and authoring of presentations that articulate media strategies and tactics to secure sign-off to activate plans. Opportunity to present this work to senior management and executives in collaborating departments.
- Communicate media approach, targeting, strategy, tactics, and reporting to Program Promotion Media and Key Account Media teams in an effort to identify areas of overlap or to register transferrable learnings.
- Optimize search campaigns based on partner activity (Amazon, Apple, Hulu, etc.)
- Analyze campaign results with an emphasis on digital media KPIs (provider leads, app downloads, Free Trial Starts, etc.), and connect to business KPIs (conversion, churn, consumer lifetime value) to ensure cumulative refinement for future initiatives. o Aim to apply transferable learnings across various media campaigns from different teams to optimize fully comprehensive and complementary advertising initiatives.
- Read, analyze and utilize media research and support team with deep analysis of emerging digital media tactics with an emphasis on digital innovation, programmatic buying, connected TV landscape, and advances in measurement technology.
- Represent the Media team alongside peers in cross-functional meetings with same teams mentioned above and participate as a creative and vocal contributor in brainstorming sessions. Media Measurement and Analytics (40%)
- Work closely with customer engagement agency, social agency, and programmatic partner(s) to ensure that all campaigns are set up properly in order to best report on a variety of de-duplicated campaign KPIs.
- Ability to look beyond media metrics at product usage and business KPIs in order to inform media optimizations.
- Transfer learning to and from applicable Key Account campaigns and product usage on standalone and third party add-on services.
- Learn and champion Master Viewers Table in Tableau to have insight into all consumer sign-up and usage data; apply learning to media campaigns.
- Evaluate attribution partner contract and make recommendations for revisions.
- Make recommendations for improvement on consumer flow and trackability in partner environments. Leadership & Training: (10%)
- Manage and develop the Media Supervisor: Train, manage, and mentor the Supervisor to deliver excellent work for all assigned tasks. Continue to educate the Supervisor on media planning and buying.
- Offer ongoing performance feedback and broader business insights, thereby inspiring the best work possible from direct report and external agencies. o Work with the Media Supervisor on budget management process; review invoice coding and distribution of agency invoices to various internal teams.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Strong technical understanding of the streaming landscape and emerging media opportunities to support acquisition and viewership initiatives.
· Mastery of direct response digital tactics including search, social, programmatic, display, video, and mobile advertising.
· Comfort analyzing data and using it to illustrate a marketing story
· Fluent in web analytics- particularly DoubleClick and Omniture
· Expertise in remarketing strategy from website set-up and pixel implementation to media execution
· Highly developed communication skills, including: written, verbal, listening and presentation skills.
· Extensive knowledge of marketing, advertising and media planning principles, with an expert knowledge of interactive TV applications, connected TVs, and programmatic buying methods.
· Constantly stays abreast of digital trends, emerging technologies, entertainment streaming platforms, social media community developments, and first-to-market advertising opportunities.
· Passion for the entertainment space and Showtime’s programming. Strong knowledge and understanding of the cable television industry, particularly the premium cable business, including the programming, marketing, and distribution aspects of the competitive category.
· Supervisory and management skills, including the ability to train and motivate a report.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years of digital media planning, digital media analytics, and/or customer acquisition marketing.
o Digital media expertise required with a strong customer acquisition background
o Entertainment industry experience is strongly preferred with an advanced understanding of the streaming landscape
o Leadership experience preferred for managing a direct report and an external agency
o Solid knowledge of the programmatic landscape and its application to customer acquisition campaigns
o Strong preference for a candidate with strong communication and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to use data to craft a story