Temporary Senior Manager, Business to Business MarketingApply
The Senior Manager is responsible for managing, organizing and executing a variety of Business to Business Marketing projects from beginning to end. The Senior Manager will report to a Director and will manage the creation and distribution of communication materials that are used to influence distributors/streaming partners to sell and market SNI services aggressively. This position interacts with a variety of departments within the organization especially Distributor Marketing and Field Sales in the development of tactics and the identification of communication issues and needs.
This role will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities of ongoing projects, including tactical development and execution of printed mailers, special VIP gifts, emails, and print and digital advertising.
- Work closely with the Director to assess communication needs and determine appropriate strategies and concept development for tactics.
- Develop timelines for all campaigns while simultaneously tracking progress and monitoring deadlines of multiple projects/tasks at their various stages of development to ensure timely delivery and workflow is feasible for all parties (internal and external).
- Develop creative briefs and brief internal/external agencies when leading a campaign or creative project.
- Work closely with the manager on the execution of tactics providing support when needed and ensuring direction/changes are met to keep workflow on track.
- Manage all aspects of the media plan working closely with an outside agency on such items as yearly media planning, executing individual media plans and developing trafficking documents for online needs.
- Be the main day-to-day point of contact for external creative and media agencies (in conjunction with the Manager on the team) and keeping agency relationships in good standing.
- Help execute and oversee meetings with internal departments and external agency partners.
- Strive to be an expert in the television landscape by monitoring news that impacts our business and bring industry trends or insights forward. Be inclusive with sharing information with the team.
- Share/guide team members on digital knowledge and keep current on competitive digital advertising.
- Expert organizational skills, devotion to detail and follow-through in order to ensure that the many aspects of project management are handled efficiently and effectively.
- Have a solid knowledge and understanding of the core aspects of marketing, including strategy, media and advertising, especially in the digital space.
- Be adaptable/flexible in the face of rapid change, someone that works well under pressure with an enthusiastic “can-do” attitude.
- A team player that develops fruitful partnerships and establishes themselves as a dependable resource with others perceiving them as a “go to” person for information.
- Process-oriented individual who looks for ways to improve things when it’s needed.
- A smart worker that goes above and beyond normal job responsibilities on a consistent basis.
- Creative with a keen aesthetic and discerning design/communication sensibility with an understanding of the creative process. Shows enthusiasm for television, entertainment and an interest in creating innovative marketing is a must.
- Demonstrates the ability to influence others both directly and indirectly. Is persuasive and able to present opposing thoughts/ideas to other parties and achieve results that satisfy all parties involved with a confident, respectful manner.
- Presents excellent verbal and written skills. Someone that also embraces an authentic and transparent environment that’s fostered by open dialogue and consistent communication to obtain successful results.
- Big picture thinker that understands their role within the larger context of the business and environment to make suggestions accordingly. Someone who is able to make connections between a project/initiative as it exists today and how it can be adapted, broadened, or enhanced for another application or tactic.
- BA/BS in Marketing or Communications preferred.
- 7+ years - project/account management, account executive, brand/marketing manager, advertising manager (in a similar role) in a fast-paced marketing or advertising/media agency environment.
- Exposure to marketing planning, brand marketing, advertising, print production, broadcast promotion/production and media planning is required.
- Knowledge of the TV industry is preferred.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.