SVP, Controller and Management ReportingApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC.
This position is responsible for the management and monitoring of effective and efficient financial processes, reporting and controls for Showtime’s financial statements, budgets, forecasts and various analyses, in tandem with leading the Finance team that reports to the position and also the various Finance teams outside of this team – Affiliate Finance & Business Ops, Programming Finance.
- Manage Controller’s department teams to ensure all processes are running smoothly and lead to resolve issues when needed; streamline and innovate any inefficient processes or reporting
- Review and approval monthly and quarterly Financial Statements for submission to CBS Corporate; review and approve capital project requests; review and approve monthly bank reconciliations; Showtime Treasury leadership and management, including cash receipts and disbursements; review and approve leases and equipment purchases for the company
- Management and review of monthly forecast and Budget processes
- Liaison for Information Systems and Technology group
- Ensure strong controls’ environment – SOX testing approvals, accounting policies and procedures up to date and updated timely, lead audit processes with PwC and internal audit, quarterly rep letter
- Manage and approve accounts payable and invoicing processes and controls, including T&E
- BS in Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA or MBA preferred
- A minimum of 10-15 years Finance, Accounting and Entertainment experience; systems experience, including GL, Budget systems, Excel, Data warehousing knowledge