Quality Control TechnicianApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Responsible for the Quality Control of all acquired and original feature films and series that Showtime Networks airs which consist of physically watching movies for Broadcast defects/concerns this also includes data entry into Sports for QC status, audio codes and all other title characteristics that impact our On Air Rating and Advisory triggers. This position will also be responsible for encoding CCAP, SAP and DOLBY 5.1 while also making the necessary promotional dubs for Creative Services use.
- Quality Control of all Showtime Networks Acquired & Original Titles
- SAP laybacks, CCAP and DOLBY 5.1 encoding
- Edits/Fixes/Dubbing on Tape as well as digital files
- Quality Control database updates
- Digital File downloads, fixes and exports
- Minimum of 3 yrs experience with audio and video Broadcast specifications
- Knowledge of videotape and Digital File formats and properties
- Knowledge and complete comprehension of AV equipment in regards to machine usage, cabling, audio and video paths, monitoring scopes, etc., as well as MAC editing software (i.e. Final Cut, QT, Premiere).
- Applicable knowledge of On Air Broadcast Specifications
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Some physical requirements (lifting/packing boxes of videotape)
- Familiarity with MS office software required (Outlook/Excel/Word)
- College Degree or equivalent preferred