Project Manager, Program Operations and DistributionApply
This position will Project Manage for Showtime’s Program Operations and Distribution department. S/he will be the point person for incoming delivery of acquisition titles and live sporting events where Showtime retains ancillary rights, domestic and international BD/DVD production, and managing special projects. This position will also assist with the Free TV versioning of Showtime’s content. Project Manager must be able to work autonomously, think critically, multi-task, have excellent writing and communication skills, and be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
PROGRAM OPERATIONS PROJECT MANAGEMENT
· Main point of contact for Producers, Post Production teams, and post facilities for acquisition titles where ancillary rights are retained.
· Instruct Showtime’s technical specifications and content formatting standards to Post teams and facilities, and manage them through the finishing and delivery process. Problem solve technical post production issues. Review and approve mastering QC reports. Confirm branding for documentary features.
- Handle incoming delivery to Network. Manage the creation of incoming delivery templates, and assist with the logging in and validation of assets.
- Oversee fixes and re-deliveries for rejections, and ensure issues are promptly reported to various entities.
- Maintain and amend acquisition Delivery Schedules, which detail physical and digital elements, marketing requirements, and legal paperwork.
- Communicate acquisition title details to multiple departments, and update various spreadsheets with comprehensive information per title. Participate in interdepartmental conference calls.
- Assist Program Operations team in reviewing content for TVPG/TV14 standards & practices. Participate in content evaluation sessions.
- For live sporting events where ancillary rights are retained, liaise with Showtime’s Sports group to ensure all sporting event details are accurate.
- Procure and communicate event details to Department, and update Department’s Showtime & CBS event tracker spreadsheets. Arrange fiber feed with outside vendor when necessary.
- Manage incoming assets, and ensure all sporting event assets are uploaded, curated, and properly ingested into department’s DAM.
- Responsible for managing special projects. Obtain and track source assets, communicate with various departments, studios and vendors, troubleshoot issues, and complete projects start to finish in a timely manner.
- Point person for the assessment and retrieval of master elements from NY-based archives.
- Participate in testing of new operational and delivery protocols.
PROGRAM DISTRIBUTION PROJECT MANAGEMENT:
Domestic & International BD/DVD
- Communicate between Showtime, Paramount and outside vendors to manage releases, maintain schedules, and meet project deadlines. Handle vendor job scopes and timelines. Issue purchase orders, obtain source assets, and create, track, and archive new assets.
- Generate disc profiles, curate metadata for transmaps, proofread and approve menus and BOMs.
- Maintain and update department’s production schedule and various other spreadsheets for interdepartmental and vendor use.
- Oversee the emulation and check disc QC process by assessing and facilitating rejections between Showtime, vendors, and authoring facility.
- Assist with P&L creation and monthly/annual budgeting. Evaluate and report worldwide sales, returns and rental information as it pertains to a territory’s financial projections and P&L.
- Lead on department’s Movie-On-Demand projects with CBS, providing necessary master video and/or audio elements, artwork, logos, metadata, and other required information.
- Oversee the organization and tracking of multiple DVD box-art packaging approvals to Showtime Legal and Business Affairs, and communicate changes back to Paramount. Maintain copious records of various approvals, rejections, and project status.
- Help with VAM creation by reviewing cuts and archiving final assets.
- Contribute in creating Home Entertainment workflows for Program Operations & Distribution’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) database. Ensure all BD/DVD assets are uploaded, curated, and properly ingested into department’s DAM.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Comprehensive technical knowledge of film, video, audio and digital formats, and distribution platforms required. This person must have an understanding of post-production, technical operations, distribution workflows, and optical media, and demonstrate strong and efficient managerial and organizational skills. S/he must be able to troubleshoot and provide solutions for all types of technical and/or formatting issues that may arise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: BA or BS degree in Communications or Film/TV preferred.
Work Experience: 5+ years in a managerial position working in operations at a network,studio, post facility, post-production company, or a digital media & entertainment company.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.