Project Manager - ProductApply
This position is within the company’s Product team responsible for Showtime’s stand-alone OTT streaming service, Showtime Anytime – the company’s TV Everywhere authentication service, MVPD TV Everywhere offerings and On Demand services.
Reporting to the Director of Project Management & Technical Support, the Project Manager will manage the execution of projects that drive Showtime’s business goals and evolve both the SHOWTIME stand-alone OTT streaming service and Showtime Anytime across all platforms. The Project Manager will regularly work with developers, product owners, testers, and other business stakeholders in the process of delivering high-quality, timely products and features. The Project Manager comes in every day with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Own overall project communication and coordination; ensure that all project goals and tasks are documented, well communicated and eventually, completed.
- Monitor, communicate and crush project risks and roadblocks.
- Drive discussion when conflicts arise and work with the team on alternatives or different approaches. Find a way to make it happen.
- Work closely with management, developers, and project stakeholders to ensure coordination of overall software product delivery.
- Help with resource planning and allocation
- Develop project plans for key projects using appropriate planning techniques that track progress of critical business objectives. Highlight and drive the resolution of risks surfaced by such plans.
- Work with Product team members to keep improving software development processes in order to create high-quality features efficiently.
- Review business, functional and technical requirements for completeness and identify gaps, as needed.
- Recommend and implement process changes as necessary
- Evaluate and assess each project’s results
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or relevant related field a plus, but not required.
- Relevant business certifications are noted.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of project management experience in the digital media industry, preferably with video-based experiences and products.
- 3-5 years of management experience bringing medium to large-scale complex projects through the full software development life cycle using Agile methodologies.
- Proven experience in people management, strategic planning, risk management and change management
- Must have excellent leadership, team management, relationship building, and interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience managing and negotiating with partner vendors and development shops.
- Excellent business and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Knowledge of Jira/Greenhopper/Confluence a plus.
- Have a little passion for the future of television.