Production Coordinator - Smithsonian ChannelApply
- Assist Creative Director and Writer Producers in the production of all on and off-air promotion.
- Direct and supervise voice-over sessions for promotional needs
- Manage completion of spots and campaigns including versioning, tagging and final delivery
- Produce secondary events for the channel
- Produce cut down trailers for the PR team and international partners
- Help generate compelling creative concepts - including brainstorming, pitching, writing, editing, and producing
- Coordinate with the Marketing team, PR Team and Affiliate Sales on related projects
- Partner and collaborate closely with peers to ensure creative concepts resonate.
- Ensure all projects are archived according to department standards
- 1-2 years of experience in Production/Creative in a television environment
- Passion for non-fiction programming
- Passion for staying current on industry trends
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere
- Extremely organized and ability to collaborate effectively with multiple constituents
Smithsonian Channel is a joint venture between Showtime Networks and the Smithsonian Institution. Our awe-inspiring programs, powerful documentaries and entertaining factual stories shine new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, travel and pop culture. From legacy series such as Aerial America, Million Dollar American Princesses and Air Disasters to recent hits like America in Color, The Lost Tapes and The Coronation, our award-winning programming is available across multiple platforms in HD and 4K Ultra HD. The Channel is also available internationally in Canada, Singapore and Latin America, with more international launches to come in 2019. We currently have offices in New York City and Washington, DC.