SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming lineups in all of television. The SHOWTIME programming slate has made the network among the most talked about in the business, with hits that have included HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, DICE, the upcoming series I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING ®.
Showtime Networks Inc. owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc. operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™ which offers Smithsonian Channel™ and Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC.
The primary responsibility of the Product Analyst is to mine Showtime first-party data to derive insights related to subscribers and their usage of our products: Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere service, and SHOWTIME, our stand-alone streaming service. In this role, the Product Analyst must be able to extract the data, create views of the data, find the story the data tells, and then clearly convey and present those insights to executives and stakeholders.
In pursuit of insights, the Product Analyst must be able to query and manipulate data on an ad-hoc basis by constructing SQL queries, using Python and R, must be able to expertly use commercial reporting tools like Tableau and Adobe Analytics, and should be a ninja-level Excel user.
• Analyze SHOWTIME performance across all billing partners and prepare and present performance summaries
• Respond to product managers requests for data in support of planning product roadmaps, features or enhancements
• Assist research and marketing teams with in-depth analyses that can’t be completed via Adobe Analytics
• Report on effectiveness of the Showtime subscriber purchase funnel across platforms
• Run comparisons of Showtime products’ performance across apps and third-party partners.Find, report, and help troubleshoot data anomalies
- You are analytical, detail-oriented and results-focused
- You get obsessed with solving sticky problems
- You have 3+ years of experience regularly using Adobe Site Catalyst
- You have experience writing moderately complex SQL queries on structured and unstructured data sets
- You have a proven ability to pull the nuggets of insight from a mountain of numbers
- You are able to summarize complex results into digestible presentations
- You are an expert Powerpoint or Keynote user
- You are an expert Excel user
- You have 2+ years experience in digital media, preferably in television