The primary responsibility of the Product Analyst is to mine Showtime first-party data to derive insights related to subscribers and their usage of our products: SHOWTIME, our stand-alone streaming service, and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere service. In this role, you will extract data, build views to find the story behind the numbers, and then clearly convey and present those insights to us and to our executives.
In pursuit of insights, we will ask you to query and manipulate data on an ad-hoc basis, construct SQL queries, use Python/ R, and deftly work with other commercial reporting tools like Tableau and Adobe Analytics.
- Analyze SHOWTIME performance across all billing partners and present performance summaries to cross-functional stakeholders
- Respond to product manager’s requests for data and analysis in support of planning product roadmaps, features or enhancements
- Report on effectiveness of the Showtime subscriber purchase funnel across platforms
- Run comparisons of Showtime products’ performance across apps
- Find, report, and help troubleshoot data anomalies
- Proven skill crafting compelling presentations for executives
- Experience writing moderately complex SQL queries on structured and unstructured data sets
- Analytical, detail-oriented and results-focused
- Obsessed with solving sticky problems
- Proven ability to pull nuggets of insight from a mountain of numbers
- Ability to summarize complex results into digestible presentations for non-technical audiences
- Deep experience with Adobe Analytics reporting tools and implementation is a differentiable plus.
- Some knowledge of applied statistics, including regression analysis and hypothesis testing
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization products
- 2+ years working with data science toolkits in R, Python or Matlab