Product Analyst - ProductApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
The primary responsibility of the Product Analyst is to mine Showtime first-party data to derive insights related to subscribers and their usage of our products: SHOWTIME, our stand-alone streaming service, and Showtime Anytime, our TV Everywhere service. In this role, you will extract data, build views to find the story behind the numbers, and then clearly convey and present those insights to us and to our executives.
In pursuit of insights, we will ask you to query and manipulate data on an ad-hoc basis, construct SQL queries, use Python/ R, and deftly work with other commercial reporting tools like Tableau and Adobe Analytics.
- Analyze SHOWTIME performance across all billing partners and present performance summaries to cross-functional stakeholders
- Respond to product manager’s requests for data and analysis in support of planning product roadmaps, features or enhancements
- Report on effectiveness of the Showtime subscriber purchase funnel across platforms
- Run comparisons of Showtime products’ performance across apps and third-party partners
- Find, report, and help troubleshoot data anomalies
- Proven skill crafting compelling presentations for executives
- Experience writing moderately complex SQL queries on structured and unstructured data sets
- Analytical, detail-oriented and results-focused
- Obsessed with solving sticky problems
- Proven ability to pull nuggets of insight from a mountain of numbers
- Ability to summarize complex results into digestible presentations for non-technical audiences
- Deep experience with Adobe Analytics reporting tools and implementation is a differentiable plus.
- Some knowledge of applied statistics, including regression analysis and hypothesis testing
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization products
- 2+ years working with data science toolkits in R, Python or Matlab (a combination of industry and academic experience is acceptable)
- Experience working with big-data technology on Linux-based systems is a significant plus
- 2+ years of experience in digital media, preferably in television, a plus
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Applied Mathematics or Economics is a plus