Master Control Operator
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY, US
With critically-acclaimed and award-winning hits that include BILLIONS, THE AFFAIR, HOMELAND, RAY DONOVAN, MASTERS OF SEX, SHAMELESS, DEXTER®, HOUSE OF LIES, EPISODES and PENNY DREADFUL, Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) has firmly established itself as a producer and provider of quality original programming.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL™ and 60 MINUTES SPORTS™. SNI also owns and manages Smithsonian Channel™, through its joint venture with the Smithsonian Institution.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon and Google. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Prime Video. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®.
Responsible for quality control and ingest of media content at the NOC on Long Island.
Showtime Feeds (East & West
Channel and CBS Sports Network. This includes but is not limited to:
· Check video levels, audio levels, network return signals and picture quality.
· Append electronic files to the playlist and checking broadcast logs against those playlists for accuracy.
· Verify all cues and run-times for all on-air material.
· Verify voice-overs and graphics for quality and the correct content. And air VO’s/graphics, at the scheduled times, as per the broadcast log.
· Verify playlists six (6) hours ahead to ensure that all programming is here & available.
· Recovery from various on-air discrepancies and/or equipment failures.
· Monitor various audio formats (PCM, 5.1, AC3) and their respective settings on the Wohler units.
· 1-3 year's experience working with videotape, broadcast VTRs, broadcast servers, tape archives,
storage managers, and associated monitoring equipment (relevant internship experience will be considered).
· Must be able to work overnight shift (7pm - 7am) with rotating days including weekends and holidays.
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
· Possess excellent problem solving skills; work well under pressure and strict deadlines.Preferred:
· Knowledge of Harris Automation.
· Knowledge of audio/video measurement equipment.
· Knowledge of video servers.
· College degree.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled