Marketing Coordinator - Social, Merchandising & LicensingApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
This position supports the consumer products business for Showtime and CBS, including the daily coordination and marketing of the e-commerce stores, licensed product and other merchandise related promotions. Key responsibilities include managing creative asset development while organizing and running marketing tactics over social media (ex: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) and other Showtime digital platforms.
Liaison between Merchandising group and Digital Services & Social Teams:
- Coordinate social media merchandise promotions. Create editorial content calendars and assist in the selection of merchandise and licensed product to feature. Brainstorm, brief in and execute for all platforms.
- Coordinate with social media managers at CBS & SHO to brief in creative assets, write copy and then schedule various posts on social networks – Facebook & Twitter (Hootsuite).
- Assist with merchandise and key licensed promotions for series pages on SHO.com and CBS.com. Get assets and copy created for site promos, carousel panels, etc.
- Include merchandise in email marketing efforts and create dedicated merchandise email campaigns.
- Assist on special projects such as sweepstakes, fan art contests and auctions that require integration with digital services to be successful.
- Support the day-to-day management of ecommerce vendor (Connekt) to maintain both Showtime and CBS stores.
- Perform daily quality control of both stores.
- Assist in the development of concepts and ideas for new products and source new products directly with promotional product vendors where needed.
- Brainstorm marketing and production assets to develop and promote new merchandise.
- Monitor results of promotions, traffic sources, item sales, category sales, etc.
- Open jobs with Creative Services/CBS Consumer Products Creative to create additional assets, themes, and concepts to be used for merchandise.
- Route new merchandise and promotions through legal, business affairs, and EVP approvals.
Licensed Showtime Merchandise:
- Gather assets for licensees to create products. Monitor use of assets to maintain proper brand likeness and use messaging that is in line with Showtime marketing and branding.
- Route high-level concepts, artwork, use of branding, use of talent likeness, and final products through legal, business affairs, and EVP approvals.
- Review and approve all formal licensee submissions in online routing tool – CTI.
- Assist licensee partners with marketing plans for product launches and incorporate merchandise into other Showtime & CBS marketing efforts and events.
- Support CBS Consumer Products, who is acting as the Showtime licensing agency, on style guides, licensee outreach, marketing and PR efforts for licensed product.
- Communicate with Connekt on production schedule of licensed product for marketing & promo planning.
- Support the daily development of any digital licensed opportunities - mobile, social or video games.
- Test games as needed with a focus on branding, character likeness, and series storylines.
- For online social games: manage frequent game updates, virtual good sales, partnership opportunities, tying point/loyalty programs with other Showtime social media and digital marketing.
- Support the development and execution of game launch plan.
- Support opportunities to leverage licensed products with additional partners
- 1 year of experience in the following areas:
- Social Media Marketing and asset creation
- Project management
- MS Word, Excel (with formulas) and PowerPoint
- Strongly preferred:
- Marketing and/or merchandising, with emphasis on merchandise development and licensing
- Developing promotional and/or marketing communications
- Proficiency with PhotoShop
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled