Manager, Social Media ContentApply
Responsible for development of best-in-class, social-first content that drives Showtime Over The Internet (SOI) acquisition and retention efforts, and primary oversight of Showtime Network profiles across platforms. Partner with creative teams across the network to develop social-optimized video, motion graphics, GIFs and custom assets, and write compelling copy that maintains an engaging brand voice across paid social media and Showtime Networks profiles.
Develop and implement social media CONTENT strategies for SOI ACQUISITION and retention marketing OBJECTIVES (80%)
- Under oversight of the Director, Social Marketing, lead content strategy for paid social media campaigns with the primary objective of driving subscriber growth.
- Partner with Subscription Marketing to identify quarterly priorities and ensure acquisition-focused social campaigns support the broader cross-platform strategy and deliver on goals.
- Partner with Digital Creative, Creative Services and the respective series’ Social Marketing Managers to develop compelling social content that adheres to platform best practices and is tonally and creatively aligned with program promotion social content, creating a strategically unified experience for our brand and shows.
- Develop and test innovative ideas that leverage distinct promotional opportunities for SOI within ever-evolving social platforms, generating engagement with social ads and driving conversion
- Regularly monitor key performance metrics to understand effectiveness of creative and copy for ongoing campaign optimizations.
- Identify new opportunities by staying informed with competitor activities and new platform products
Develop and implement innovative strategies for SHOWTIME NETWORKS BRAND across social media (20%)
- Lead organic community strategy and management for Showtime Networks on core platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Stories, Twitter and Giphy.
- Work with Director, Social Marketing in development, presentation and approval of social strategy and tactics.
- Develop and write editorial calendar and publishing schedule for social content, promotions, and campaign activations.
- Monitor performance metrics and platform updates for opportunities and optimizations in post formats and creative.
- Partner with respective series’ Social Marketing Managers to ensure high-impact assets and campaigns are reflected on the brand social channels.
- Live community management during key on-air broadcasts and special events.
- Monitor series communities to identify and engage influencers and fans.
- Lead asset requests, development and approvals of creative tactics.
Position requires independent action and ability to make daily as well as strategic decisions related to above responsibilities. Requires ability to manage several projects concurrently and prioritize according to levels set by acquisition and brand marketing strategy and priorities. Accountable for creative strategies, optimizing content to individual platform opportunities and paid media targets that fuel acquisition efforts as well as an increased awareness of Showtime brand and programming in social.
DESCRIBE THE MOST DIFFICULT OR COMPLEX ASPECT OF THIS POSITION:
Maintaining effective, ongoing communication and collaboration across multiple teams to ensure strategies and execution deliver on stated acquisition and brand priorities
Sustaining awareness of and, striving for innovation in, platform evolutions, paid media opportunities and creative content development that keep Showtime at the leading edge of social media marketing within the entertainment industry
Tracking and reporting key KPIs in social media marketing
Managing multiple deadlines
Total budgetary responsibility: N/A
Total accountability of revenue: N/A
RELATIONSHIP(S) TO OTHER POSITIONS:
This position is similar to other SNI Marketing Manager positions within the organization, which require participation in setting strategic direction, working both independently and with multiple teams, and proposing creative ideas and implementing tactics to further marketing goals.
INTERACTIONS/CONTACTS WITH OTHERS:
Subscription Marketing: work collaboratively on the promotion and messaging for all Showtime streaming service and all paid media acquisition creative in social media
Digital Media: collaborate with entire department, but with a specific emphasis on Digital Creative team to build compelling custom content and series’ Social Marketing leads to ensure tonal and creative consistency
Program Advertising and Media: partner to ensure seamless and successful execution of paid media campaigns
Program Marketing: apply brand and series positioning and strategy to social strategy and creative
Digital Video: coordinate distribution of video content on social
Creative Services: communicate specific content and format needs for video in social
External Platforms and Partners: partner and engage with social network platforms, emerging media platforms, and social media technology platforms
- Director, Social Media Marketing– daily
- VP, Digital Marketing and Engagement – as-needed / weekly
- SVP/GM Digital Media – as-needed / project-by-project basis
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Affinity for Showtime Networks and key programming
- Visual storyteller with natural creative writing abilities
- Experience in using Social Media marketing to drive customer acquisition
- Ability to build, execute and scale paid social marketing content campaign
- Strong understanding of best practices within individual social media platforms
- Strong understanding of key social media KPIs, analysis and reporting
- Strong understanding of digital and social media landscape
- Experience with social publishers (e.g. Hootsuite, SocialGuide, Canvs)
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interface easily with all levels of management and cross-functional teams
- High attention to detail
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or Keynote
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task changing priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in related studies preferred (Advertising, Marketing, Communication, Film/TV studies)
- 2-3 years social media marketing experience with content strategy/development and paid social marketing as part of the role
- Experience in entertainment industry with acquisition or subscription marketing background highly preferred