Manager, Promotions and SponsorshipsApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Manager greatly contributes to the development and activation of Showtime’s promotions, sponsorships and LGBTQ+ marketing campaigns that grow brand equity, drive tune-in, and maximize subscriber growth. The Manager plays a major role in all departmental operations, spanning everything from the development and activation of sponsorships, strategizing and executing promotions and events, authoring/presenting campaign briefs, billing management, and maintaining departmental workflow. This position requires flexibility as events and sponsorships can necessitate travel 2+ times per month as well as working evenings.
Promotions and Events - Aid in the development of multi-platform marketing promotions that utilize experiential, digital, and grassroots tactics to delineate the Showtime brand and its programming brands, drive tune-in, and maximize subscriber growth.
- Support Director to research and brainstorm innovative ideas for promotional plans. Represent the team as a creative and vocal contributor in cross-functional ideation sessions.
- Develop and author presentations that articulate strategies and tactics to secure sign-off to activate campaigns. Will be presenting work to senior management and executives in collaborating departments.
- Mange the development and execution of consumer screenings throughout the year.
- Aid in the development of digital and social media enhancements that will maximize earned impressions and PR buzz for promotions and events.
- Attend and manage promotional events to ensure brand presence is maximized.
- Serve as point person with promotions and experiential agencies; take meetings regularly and help identify the most compelling campaign opportunities for Showtime.
- Stay abreast of the television landscape and breakthrough promotions activity. Monitor trade publications and meet with industry experts to track the work of competitive content providers.
Sponsorship Marketing - Support the development and execution of strategic sponsorships that drive tune-in, brand affinity, and subscriber growth for SHOWTIME. Help build and activate film festival sponsorships that announce and delineate Showtime Documentary Films to genre enthusiasts and the filmmaker community.
- Support Director of Promotions and Sponsorships to develop innovative sponsorship opportunities with various organizations and festivals that align with corporate priorities and reach desired target audience. Sponsorships will span consumer events that promote specific programming, as well as trade events that support Showtime Documentary Films as a brand.
- Oversee creative assets for sponsorship activations and managing workflow for these initiatives.
- Help steward and organize sponsorship contracts.
- Attend and manage on-site festival activations to ensure brand integration and sponsorship opportunities are maximized.
- Aid in the creation of comprehensive sponsorship recaps that capture learnings and recommendations for future sponsorship opportunities.
- Monitor sponsorship activity of competitors.
- Support the establishment, execution and maintenance of all marketing tactics and corporate sponsorships targeting the LGBTQ+ Community.
- Attend and manage LGBTQ+ activations to ensure brand integration and sponsorship opportunities are maximized.
- Stay abreast of the LGBTQ+ landscape by tracking the latest research and developments; support the Director in crafting and implementing best practices for the company’s LGBTQ+ marketing strategy.
- Offer ongoing performance feedback and mentorship to the Supervisor of Promotions and Sponsorships.
- Assign projects that will foster professional development.
- 4+ years experience in marketing, advertising and/or promotions preferred.
- Foundational understanding of marketing, advertising, promotional and digital/social media marketing principles.
- Interest in Film and TV Festivals
- Excellent judgement, professional maturity, confidence and event experience.
- Exceptional communicator, including written, verbal, presentation and listening skills.
- Team spirit, collaborative nature, strong work ethic and computer proficiency.
- Great attention to detail and comfort managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for entertainment and Showtime programming (series, docs, sports.)
- Willing to travel and work on weekends with short notice for promotional events and stunts.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled