Manager, Production Technology (Smithsonian Channel - Washington DC)Apply
CBS Business Unit: Smithsonian Networks
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
The position provides technical support for our Development, Production, Post Production and Digital Media departments. This includes but is not limited to the maintenance and support of hardware, software and peripherals associated with multiple desktop production systems and servers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade in-house production computer systems.
- Troubleshoot and respond to end user questions and problems and communicate resolutions to colleagues.
- Build and configure macOS workstations.
- Assist Build and configure servers.
- Configure and set email policies within Microsoft Outlook
- Implement CBS Information Security best practices and respond to threats as identified by CBS/Showtime policy either by manual install or by creating Self Service management policies.
- Perform hardware and software installs, bug tracing, resolve peripheral conflicts, perform basic networking configuration, drive maintenance, peripheral setups, printer maintenance, data protection and recovery.
- Assist in configuring and building any storage area networks, direct attached storage, cloud storage systems and testing of above systems.
- Create documentation for installing and troubleshooting hardware and/or software issues.
- Define and implement Service Level Agreements (SLA) to track and resolving issues and requests.
- Work with in-house users and vendors to create RFPs for hardware and software.
- Schedule, facilitate and supervise additional on-site or off-site repairs.
- Responsible for new hardware and software intake, inventory and asset management.
- Responsible for limited research and development activity such as testing of new software and hardware and research into new technologies to advance the workflow.
- Ideal candidate has at least 2 years of experience in MAC services for a television network or advertising agency.
- Minimum of 2 years with Apple macOS and hardware configuration and troubleshooting.
Smithsonian Channel™, owned by Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between Showtime Networks Inc. and the Smithsonian Institution, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing entertainment across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel combines the storytelling prowess of SHOWTIME® with the unmatched resources and rich traditions of the Smithsonian, to create award-winning programming that shines new light on popular genres such as air and space, history, science, nature, and pop culture. Among the network’s offerings are series including Aerial America, America in Color, First Ladies Revealed, Polar Bear Town, The Lost Tapes, Amazing Monkeys, America’s Secret Space Heroes, Mighty Ships, Mighty Planes and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include Titanic’s Fatal Fire, The Obama Years: The Power of Words, Nightmare on Everest, Diana and the Paparazzi, Diana: The Day We Said Goodbye and Flying High with Phil Keoghan. Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Earth™, through SN Digital LLC., a new subscription video streaming service delivering spectacular original nature and wildlife content. To learn more, go to www.smithsonianchannel.com, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled