Accountant, Management ReportingApply
This position is responsible for the General and Administrate department’s annual budget, 12 monthly forecasts, long-range plans and full financial support for over $100 million of operating expenses to ensure proper and timely recognition of all financial information.
This position is responsible on a day-to-day basis for the business unit activities, which include account review & analysis, preparing journal entries and accrual entries, working with department heads to establish budgets and monthly forecasts and providing analysis for variances between actual results and budgets and monthly forecasts.
This position will also work on an ad-hoc basis to assist the team with the consolidation and comprehensive review of the Showtime consolidated annual budget and forecasts.
- Manage and ensure the accurate and timely completion, on a business unit level, the budgeting, monthly forecasting and long range planning processes. Communicate all process requirements on a timely basis to the business units. Work closely with business unit management to prepare their budgets, monthly forecasts and long range plans. Understand where the business unit intends on spending their money and why. Assist them to properly calendarizing their budgets/monthly forecasts to ensure accurate P & L and cash flow expectations.
- Develop and manage the financial close process as it relates to monthly and quarterly reporting activities by alerting customers to deadlines, meeting with business units to understand their accruals and to discuss and understand reasons for their variances. Prepare and present to the V.P. Management Reporting Analyses the monthly close summaries for various G&A business units. This includes reviewing and analyzing monthly activities compared to annual budgets as well as monthly estimates. Responsible for identifying expense trends in the business units (favorable & unfavorable) and alerting management of their potential impact.
- Cross train and act as a back-up up for the maintenance and enhancements of TM1 budgeting and planning system. Work closely with IS&T to develop and implement systems improvements to accommodate changes in the business process.
- Ad Hoc analysis
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or finance preferred
- CPA with public accounting experience preferred
- 2 to 3 year experience in finance/accounting
- This job requires excellent accounting skills and knowledge of where to look to research new issues.
- Ability to build strong relationships to effectively interface with all SNI departments.
- Excellent communication skills are required. Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to automate processes in order to increase efficiency for all reporting procedures.
- Strong time management skills.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, SMILF, THE CHI, KIDDING, ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA and BLACK MONDAY. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Amazon, Apple®, Google, LG Smart TVs, Oculus Go, Roku®, Samsung and Xbox One. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Amazon’s Prime Video Channels, DirecTV Now, FuboTV, Hulu, Sling TV, Sony PlayStation™ Vue, and YouTube TV. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.