Manager, CRM & Retention Marketing (Smithsonian Channel)Apply
CBS Business Unit: Smithsonian Networks
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
The Smithsonian Channel is seeking a Manager of CRM & Retention Marketing to join the Digital Media team. This role will oversee the development and implementation of CRM and lifecycle marketing campaigns across the network’s digital platforms. Reporting to the Director of Customer Acquisition Marketing, this person will collaborate with cross functional teams to execute sustainable and scalable retention and engagement tactics. With a deep knowledge of e-mail marketing and mobile messaging, this is a unique opportunity to shape the customer lifecycle roadmap across a growing portfolio of digital properties.
- Oversee the development, execution, and reporting of all CRM marketing campaigns with a focus on onboarding, retention, and winback.
- Develop a strategy for implementing goal-oriented testing around timing, messaging, creatives, and audience targets.
- Provide regular reporting on campaign performance along with strategic recommendations for improvement across key business metrics.
- Work closely with the product team to ensure proper utilization of e-mail and mobile messaging technology, including integrations with third party platforms like Movable Ink.
- Develop and optimize drip and triggered emails and define business logic behind customization, campaign prioritization, and frequency.
- Collaborate closely with the creative, editorial, and social teams to ensure clear and consistent and engaging communications across all digital properties.
- 4+ years leading customer engagement and retention efforts with a top consumer facing brand. Media and entertainment experience is a plus.
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation platforms; Salesforce experience is a plus.
- Track record of using data to measure and analyze effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Collaborative mindset and willingness to work with cross-functional teams to hit aggressive marketing goals.
Smithsonian Channel™, owned by Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between Showtime Networks Inc. and the Smithsonian Institution, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing factual entertainment, available in HD and 4K Ultra HD across multiple platforms. Smithsonian Channel, winner of Emmy® and Peabody awards for its programming, combines the storytelling prowess of SHOWTIME® with the unmatched resources and rich traditions of the Smithsonian, to create programming that shines new light on popular genres such as air and space, travel, history, science, nature and pop culture. Among the network’s offerings are series including Aerial America, America in Color, The Lost Tapes, Mighty Ships, Million Dollar American Princesses, The Pacific War in Color and Air Disasters, as well as critically-acclaimed specials that include The Coronation, The Mountain Lion and Me, Earth from Outer Space and Titanoboa: Monster Snake. Smithsonian Networks also operates Smithsonian Earth™, through SN Digital LLC., a subscription video streaming service delivering spectacular 4K original nature and wildlife content. Smithsonian Channel is also available internationally in Canada, Singapore and Latin America. To learn more, go to Smithsonian Channel, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled