Manager, Acquisition Social MarketingApply
CBS Business Unit: Showtime
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Job Schedule: Full-Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Responsible for development and execution of acquisition paid social media strategy that creatively and efficiently delivers on ongoing Subscription Marketing priorities and builds holistic, compelling Showtime Networks brand presence across platforms.
Develop strategies for Acquisition Marketing Campaign objectives across social media:
- Under oversight of the Director, Social Marketing, build strategy and lead day-to-day execution of paid social media campaigns with the primary objective of driving subscriber growth.
- Partner with Acquisition Marketing to identify quarterly priorities and ensure acquisition-focused social campaigns support the broader cross-platform strategy and deliver on goals.
- Partner with Digital Creative and the respective series’ Social Marketing Managers to develop compelling acquisition-focused social content that adheres to platform best practices and is tonally and creatively aligned with program promotion social content, creating a strategically unified experience for our brand and shows.
- Develop and test innovative ideas that leverage distinct promotional opportunities for the Showtime product within ever-evolving social platforms, generating engagement with acquisition ads and driving conversion with efficient media spends (CPL).
- Regularly monitor key performance metrics to understand effectiveness of strategies for ongoing campaign optimizations.
- Identify new opportunities by staying informed with competitor activities and new platform products
Develop and implement innovative strategies for Showtime Networks brand across social media:
- Lead organic community strategy and management for Showtime Networks on core platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat.
- Work with Director, Social Marketing in development, presentation and approval of social strategy and tactics.
- Develop and write editorial calendar and publishing schedule for social content, promotions, and campaign activations.
- Monitor performance metrics and platform updates for opportunities and optimizations in post formats and creative.
- Partner with respective series’ Social Marketing Managers to ensure high-impact assets and campaigns are reflected on the brand social channels.
- Live community management during key on-air broadcasts and special events.
- Monitor series communities to identify and engage influencers and fans.
- Lead asset requests, development and approvals of creative tactics.
- 3-5 years social media marketing experience with paid social marketing as part of the role
- Experience in entertainment industry with acquisition or subscription marketing background highly preferred
- Affinity for Showtime Networks and key programming
- Exceptional creative writer with storytelling skills and ability to develop brand voice
- Ability to build, execute and scale paid social marketing campaigns
- Strong understanding of best practices within individual social media platforms
- Strong understanding of key social media KPIs, analysis and reporting
- Strong understanding of digital and social media landscape
- Experience with social publishers (e.g. Hootsuite, SocialGuide, Canvs)
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to interface easily with all levels of management and cross-functional teams
- High attention to detail
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint or Keynote
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task changing priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, and THE CHI. SHOWTIME will also debut two limited series this year, PATRICK MELROSE staring Benedict Cumberbatch and ESCAPE AT DANNEMORA from Ben Stiller. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, SHOWTIME ANYTIME, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled