Lead Dev Ops EngineerApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include TWIN PEAKS, HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, I’M DYING UP HERE, SMILF, WHITE FAMOUS and the upcoming drama THE CHI. Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon, Google, Xbox One and Samsung. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, YouTube TV, Sling TV, DirecTV Now, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Channels. The network’s authentication service, Showtime Anytime, is available at no additional cost to SHOWTIME customers who subscribe to the network through participating providers. Subscribers can also watch on their computers at www.showtime.com and www.showtimeanytime.com.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events.
Showtime Networks seeks an extraordinary DevOps Engineer with a primary focus on AWS, but with interest and experience in other languages and technologies. You will be creative, self-motivated, a quick study, and willing to develop new skills while constantly improving existing abilities. You should also be a strong multi-tasker with solid time-management skills.
Reporting to the VP, Product Engineering, in this position you will lead our DevOps team, oversee our existing AWS implementation (primarily used for data and analytics), and you will partner with the product engineering team to plan and manage the cloud migration of our site and apps from our current private cloud. For this process, it's essential you have experience running Linux in a cloud environment (preferably using Ubuntu) and that you have expert knowledge of security best practices for cloud deployments.
- Ability and desire to develop, enforce, maintain, and improve Systems Engineering and DevOps best practices, particularly with regard to our use of AWS and GCS.
- Ability to guide, create and maintain scripts which automate cloud operations and service end users.
- At least two years of hands on AWS experience -- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator a big plus.
- Background in Unix/ Linux administration on highly available distributed systems
- Experience managing Dev Ops or Systems Engineering staff.
- Experience with Spark and Hive configuration optimization
- Experience with continuous deployment / continuous delivery using tools such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Experience with automation and configuration management (Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, Chef, etc)
- Familiarity with logging/monitoring using tools such as CloudWatch, DataDog, LogStash, Kibana
- Strong documentation and communication skills