Human Resources CoordinatorApply
The HR Coordinator position will support the SHOWTIME Los Angeles Human Resources department and is responsible for performing a broad range of human resources, administrative and facility based duties. This position is responsible for interfacing & problem solving with employees in our LA based office and providing broad HR & facility administrative and transactional support for a team of approximately 150 employees. The ideal candidate should have superior organizational and communication skills and operates with impeccable attention to detail. The qualified candidate is able to effectively balance shifting demands, multitask in a fast-paced environment and function under pressure with a strong sense of urgency. Professionalism, a positive attitude and an ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with many different personalities are required.
- Responsible for various clerical duties, including HR department telephone coverage, email announcements, and employee assistance, assisting in office moves/furniture moves and ensuring the proper vendors and IT have been notified.
- Ensuring an excellent onboarding experience by partnering with the HR Director & HR Specialist, Talent Acquisition teams, HRIS, IT, and building management.
- Ensure the newly hired employee is aware of all logistics and parking on day one.
- This position will help with temporary recruitment efforts by managing relationship with all staffing agencies, act as a main contact for any needs and post positions on our applicant tracking system (Avature).
- Responsible for communicating all employment changes to HRIS & Payroll through our employment data change forms.
- Organizing and maintaining all department records and employment files, sending appropriate files to our NY headquarters and archive old employment files annually while abiding by the CBS Record Retention policy.
- Periodically serve as backup coverage for the Facilities Assistant and the Reception area while out of office.
- Will coordinate with facilities all building activities, communications, requirements and documents.
- Office administrative duties include handling all emergency repairs, ordering office supplies and office/kitchen equipment and providing justifications to finance as needed.
- Responsible for receiving and processing all invoices relating to HR, Recruitment and Facilities on a weekly basis.
- Maintaining calendar, setting appointments and arranging meetings for the EVP, Human Resources while in Los Angeles every other month.
- Takes on smaller scope projects, and ad-hoc reporting and/or requests, as needed basis.
- Collaborating with peers and colleagues to ensure consistent HR support and customer service.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ of experience supporting HR related functions preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point).
- Experience with Avature and Oracle is a plus.
- Ability to handle matters of confidentiality with utmost tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong customer service skills with a polite and professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with different personalities.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, walk, kneel, crouch, bend, sit, squat, lift arms above head.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.