Financial Assistant - Affiliate FinanceApply
SHOWTIME and its critically-acclaimed, award-winning original series continue to make their mark on the cultural landscape, with one of the most successful programming slates in all of television. With an impressive line-up of new and returning original series, the SHOWTIME hit dramas and comedies include HOMELAND, SHAMELESS, BILLIONS, RAY DONOVAN, THE AFFAIR, EPISODES, DICE, the upcoming drama I’M DYING UP HERE, the limited series GUERRILLA and PURITY, and the highly anticipated return of TWIN PEAKS.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning documentary series ALL ACCESS, A SEASON WITH and the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV. For more information, go to www.SHO.com.
This position is responsible for general support activities for the Affiliate Finance and Business Operations Team. This includes, but is not limited to, SNI signal management and contract management duties, reporting and analysis functions, and general and administrative support.
- Assist Director of Business Operations with maintenance of Affiliate Management System and provide backup coverage when necessary. Responsibilities include creation and maintenance of special market accounts in Affiliate Management and Signal databases; signal authorizations as well as contract management. Additionally, assist with contract/signal management filing and ad hoc requests.
- Provide support for Expense Management and Reporting & Analysis Teams in the form of monthly compilation and review of select reports and schedules. Assist in the creation and review of month close, monthly forecast and annual budget reporting. Assist in the preparation of documents for monthly close meetings.
- Provide general administrative support to the SVP and to the Affiliate Finance and Business Operations Team. Responsibilities include: new employee setup; track team vacation schedules; order office supplies; perform credit checks for new distributors; meeting scheduling; coordinate printing and distribution of presentations.
- Provide revenue management support for smaller independent affiliates. Responsibilities include review of monthly subscriber reporting, confirmation of proper billing of contract terms, review of accounts receivable, print and organize month-end close reports and ensure timely cash receipts and adherence to collection policies.
- College degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or related field preferred
- 1 - 2 years experience in billing, accounts receivable and collections or related field preferred; strong internship experience will be considered
- Accuracy and reliability are critical
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to efficiently juggle multiple tasks and shifting priorities
- Finance background
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint or related software
- Ability to work in a self-directed and empowered team environment