Financial Account ManagerApply
With critically-acclaimed and award-winning hits that include BILLIONS, THE AFFAIR, HOMELAND, RAY DONOVAN, MASTERS OF SEX, SHAMELESS, DEXTER®, HOUSE OF LIES, EPISODES and PENNY DREADFUL, Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI) has firmly established itself as a producer and provider of quality original programming.
Original series play a key part in the SHOWTIME programming mix, along with box office hits, comedy and music specials, provocative documentaries, and hard-hitting sports programming, including the flagship franchise SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING®, the Emmy Award-winning veteran series INSIDE THE NFL™ and 60 MINUTES SPORTS™. SNI also owns and manages Smithsonian Channel™, through its joint venture with the Smithsonian Institution.
Showtime Networks Inc. (SNI), a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Corporation, owns and operates the premium television networks SHOWTIME®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ and FLIX®, and also offers SHOWTIME ON DEMAND®, THE MOVIE CHANNEL™ ON DEMAND and FLIX ON DEMAND®, and the network's authentication service SHOWTIME ANYTIME®. Showtime Digital Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNI, operates the stand-alone streaming service SHOWTIME®. SHOWTIME is currently available to subscribers via cable, DBS and telco providers, and as a stand-alone streaming service through Apple®, Roku®, Amazon and Google. Consumers can also subscribe to SHOWTIME via Hulu, Sony PlayStation® Vue and Amazon Prime Video. SNI also manages Smithsonian Networks™, a joint venture between SNI and the Smithsonian Institution, which offers Smithsonian Channel™, and offers Smithsonian Earth™ through SN Digital LLC. SNI markets and distributes sports and entertainment events for exhibition to subscribers on a pay-per-view basis through SHOWTIME PPV®.
The Financial Account Manager oversees a wide range of financial responsibilities that ensure accurate reflection of revenue and subscriber information reported within Showtime, Smithsonian, and to CBS. Manage all financial and contractual aspects for broadband accounts which include Hulu, Amazon, Apple, Google, Direct to Consumer platform, and others portfolio (priority on support for Smithsonian Broadband-related initiatives). Actively participate within an empowered, self-directed, and cross-functional team environment.
1. Manage all financial aspects of the broadband account portfolio in order to achieve established financial fundamentals and maintain the integrity of the information in Showtime’s customer database. Demonstrate cross-functional expertise in accrual-based revenue and expense accounting, billing, accounts receivable, cash management, and collections. Extensive knowledge of other accounts within Sales, beyond one’s designated portfolio. This includes understanding of contract terms, issues, and the ability to act as a secondary Financial Account Manager on these accounts.
2. Provide timely and appropriate reporting and ad-hoc analysis for Sales teams and senior management. Pro-actively identify and develop added-value services that would assist in developing solutions to maximize Showtime and Smithsonian revenue.
3. Develop payment templates and reports that reflect the terms and conditions of current contracts and translate complex deal points into the billing system. Act as integral part of contract negotiations through the development of complex financial models and contract proposals. Work closely with Sales to identify risks and opportunities of proposals.
4. Prepare annual revenue budgets and forecasts for key accounts and Broadband initiatives. Perform monthly variance analysis of actuals to estimates in order to effectively adjust monthly forecasts. In addition, responsible for communicating forecast variance explanations to senior management.
5. Develop and maintain exceptional business relationships with both external customers (Broadband Partners) and internal customers (Sales, Smithsonian Finance, Business Operations & CBS) in order to provide superior customer service. Act as a resource to all new employees.
6.Actively participate in team development by supporting the principles of effective teams, i.e., peer review, consensus building, conflict resolution, and constructive feedback. Assist in the selection and training of new team members. In addition, take a leadership role on task forces and committees designed to improve business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field preferred.
- 2 to 3 years previous experience in revenue management, contract interpretation/billing and accounts receivable systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven leadership abilities
- Consistently demonstrate innovative approaches to problem-solving
- High level of initiative; proactive in creating new processes, proposals, etc.
- Proven track record of being used as a mentor or advisor to peers
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Very strong computer skills, including: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with database management and information retrieval
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a self-directed and empowered team environment